Home

Keys and Tips to winning HOF/SIM/NO SLIDER

This is a discussion on Keys and Tips to winning HOF/SIM/NO SLIDER within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Keys and Tips to winning HOF/SIM/NO SLIDER

I have pretty much mastered games when it comes to HOF/SIM setting, no slider needed. I could win pretty consistently against top teams like Warriors/Cavs/Spurs/Thunder etc. and I want to just share what i found are some of the keys to winning. At this level I do somehow found that this level is now most realistic to me as far as tight scores at the end of the game for me (still not sure if its rubberband AI but it's a make or miss game so I guess we will never know)

Before I do. i have to say, it's not necessary that you use a team that are good to win in HOF, buttttt if you think you can use bobcats to win against the cavs or blow them out consistently, that's just not realistic. Good teams are gonna win majority of the time no matter how good or bad they play.. just like in the real NBA.

Offense.
1. Learn all players jumper releases on the team you plan on playing HOF with. That go without saying.. but yeah.. master that sxxt first.

2. Pick and Roll is your best friend. If you are not the type to run play. Set a pick, then watch the defense come and decide to either fake left then drive right or fake right drive left and if you have a star PG you can usually pull up or pass it off to other for a shot. (my favorite offense is always run up to the court, quick ISO, then quick P&R, then drive and kick, no open shot? another P&R, then pass and pass then drive then kick out... etc etc. you get the gist. until you can drive to score with least defense or a relatively open shot)

3. RUNN i repeat.. RUNNNN on transition on every fast break opportunity. If there's only one or two players back, you can usually drive and half the time get fouled and sometimes and-1. of coz if he's already there as you drive, watch for AI taking a charge.

4. NEVER EVER FORCE A SHOT.. COZ you will MISS 99% of the time. Even if shotclock counting down to 1, if one more pass and its a wide open shot, pass it and take that instead.

5. Ride the hot hand/player esp when it comes to star players, ex. James Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, etc. this game is really realistic so you should play the players just as they would in the real NBA, EX. use James harden to drive and kick for 3 or drive in tight space and get hacked.

6. Balance offense is always the best but also play your team strengths. Ex. With Houston Rockets, i would just ISO drive or P&R with harden and either take it to the rim or get hacked or kick out for 3s whole game. And when he's off court, try to create a play.. any play from second unit to keep the lead and run on transition as much as possible.

Defense.

1. Know your players. If you guard Lebron all up in his space, you gonna get dunked on. it's that simple. Give players like that space and if duncan get the ball in 3 pt line? Give him all the space needed and watch other players instead and wait for him to pass it along. The AI is smart and careful enough.. you really don't need to be all up in a player unless the shot clock is counting down to 3 before you crowd him up.

2. Double team only when it's right.. Ex. when Lebron get a screen and crossing it and taking the ball to the basket, hit doubleteam as he's crossing the screen and double him! that will make him back off and regroup. Also once in a while you can also double team a PG out of the blue to catch him off guard and you might get a steal or they turn it over.

3. Learn to switch and rotate quickly (What i found most crucial in the gameplay defense that are hardly mentioned) Ai are gonna get screened and pass you, it's almost like an instinct as you play on ball D long enough to switch to different player right away and stop him on his track and then rotate another player to prevent a wide open shot from a kick out.

4. A little dirty trick of mine is to try to draw a charge on the AI player driving the ball off a screen. you gotta switch quick and learn the proximity of where you stand your player and take the charge as he's driving the ball off a screen! I usually get a couple calls a game doing that.

5. Call Time-Out when its more than a 6 points run. The other team is gonna make a run whether you like it or not. The best way to prevent a loss or a blowout is to stay calm and make every one of your possession count if they are not missing. you rush to gain back points with contested layups or quick shots, you lose.

6. Dont sweat about trailing in a game, many times I have trailed 10 pts behind and winded up making a run to blow out the HOF team. Like Doc River says, just keep playing and play defense the way you should in the game. The stats always win out in the end.

P.S. When I say I can win consistently on HOF/SIM no slider, I don't mean I could win every game by 8-10 pts. It's usually more like 3-4 points win so many times it's come down shooting foul shots as well. So practice that!!!
(not to say i never blow out HOF before, I have a few times, blown out Spurs with Warriors nearly 30 points on HOF when I got Curry and Klay jumpers down and their transition break and their defense is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's almost easier to play against Spurs than an unknown sucky team sometimes coz the AI players get predictable as well, ex. duncan will never try to score outside the low post, parker will only attempt 3 if you let him wide open, danny green won't drive the basketball to the post so you can D him tight etc.)

HOPE YOU LIKE ALL THE TIPS!

Last edited by kchui1028; 06-23-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »