Home

Input delay / different televisions

This is a discussion on Input delay / different televisions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Input delay / different televisions

I want to discuss the isue of imput delay and poll what levels of delay you are experienceing compairing it to what tv you are using. My experience is i had terrible delay with an off brand 1080p plasma tv 32'. after reading an article about what tvs are best for gaming i switched to 32' samsung LED HDTV and have noticed a huge difference, especially online. To the guys who say delay is not a problem what tv do you use? To the guys who do have tha problem i ask the same question. Can changing tvs really make that much of a difference or has somthing else changed in-game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Re: Input delay / different televisions

The irony of it is plasma's are and will always be better in terms motion for gaming, it's most likely just that you had a bad brand.

Does it make a difference? sure. Is it a big difference? Depends on they eye, some people notice irregularities a lot more than others...either way, a monitor is and will always be a much better option for display, but obviously you can only have so big a monitor...

- 4 years as a Sales lead in Magnolia Home Theater (AKA the Hell-hole known as Best Buy)

Last edited by Shady Mike; 06-24-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I use a 55 inch LED LCD LG TV, I think it's a 2014 model.

I have my input set on game mode for my PS4 and I don't notice any input delay really. It's very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I used to have a 32 inch cheap 720p tv that I bought for like $150...honestly wasn't that bad (was on 2K14).

But, it winded up shorting out or something when my power went out one time and I decided to get a new one...

Got a 44" Samsung plasma and I set on game mode too and it's beautiful..no lag at all honestly and I can play shooters on it too (a lot of people like smaller monitors for shooters). Got it for only $350 too on sale.

-Allen Iverson
Old 06-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
The irony of it is plasma's are and will always be better in terms motion for gaming, it's most likely just that you had a bad brand.

Does it make a difference? sure. Is it a big difference? Depends on they eye, some people notice irregularities a lot more than others...either way, a monitor is and will always be a much better option for display, but obviously you can only have so big a monitor...

- 4 years as a Sales lead in Magnolia Home Theater (AKA the Hell-hole known as Best Buy)
http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ check out this list i found after checking around different sites. The testing itself is pretty thorough with 3 different methods, one of them using a device that was invented for lag testing. P.S in terms of INPUT LAG plasmas are behind LCDs. The irony is that a guy who worked at best buy for 4 years didnt know that lol.

Last edited by City_foxx; 06-24-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Get you a good gaming monitor with under 5ms response time. I started using my 23 inch pc monitor instead of the 40 inch sony bravia I have and it's so much better. I'm gonna upgrade to a 27 inch BenQ monitor made specifically for console with super low response time of 1ms.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 06-29-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

I have always found monitors to be much better for console gaming than a TV, for example: I currently use this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-27-Inc...=operasport-20

Perfect for console gaming: 60hz same as console, 1080p, not a scaled 4k tv with tons of other ongoing processing. The input lag on this monitor is faster than any TV currently made, there is something to be said for a good PC monitor for gaming.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Yea that .5. Is nice I wish monitors were an option for me there deff better. For input delay. Just wanted to share for guys having problems because 1 month ago I had no idea my t.v could introduce so much delay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »