Home

Stressful game for sim players

This is a discussion on Stressful game for sim players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stressful game for sim players

It seems like this game is made more and more for arcade type players every year after 2k11. There's no way a person that's knows nothing about basketball should be competing in an "ranked match online" smh when you play other games like for example mortal kombat online if you know nothing about the game or the characters then you're gonna get your behind whooped playing against someone who has actually put time into the game.

I will never understand how online game modes in 2k aren't automatically set to hof sim, myteam, ranked matches, mypark etc...the only way us sim players get to enjoy the game is if we only play each other lol. I love the idea of myteam and mypark but those modes are nba jamish that it's sickening.

It's funny how the 2 most popular modes have the lowest difficulty settings. Can you imagine how great myteam and mypark would be if they were hof sim ? Even with the high rated players you would still be able to contain them with that higher difficulty instead just watching 3's swish all game and getting dunked a million times.

Sorry for the long rant but trust me there's a lot more I wanted to say but I'll end it here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Stressful game for sim players

Online quick ranked is quite enjoyable for sim mentality gaming. Its on superstar difficulty, sim sliders and rosters with global nerf to 3pt shooting.

My biggest issue is very powerful momentum system taking away control from user way too much. Especially noticeable in 3rd quarter. For example opponent making a poster dunk and then you on offensive end miss perfectly placed wide open jumper (its nearly a RULE of this happening in last 3-4 nba2k games). There used to be 'clutch factor' option in some iteration to reduce momentum nonsense, but we're stuck with it on now.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #3
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Online quick ranked is quite enjoyable for sim mentality gaming. Its on superstar difficulty, sim sliders and rosters with global nerf to 3pt shooting.

My biggest issue is very powerful momentum system taking away control from user way too much. Especially noticeable in 3rd quarter. For example opponent making a poster dunk and then you on offensive end miss perfectly placed wide open jumper (its nearly a RULE of this happening in last 3-4 nba2k games). There used to be 'clutch factor' option in some iteration to reduce momentum nonsense, but we're stuck with it on now.
Superstar default is the level of online quick matches, Thats why its so easy to score
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman

I agree that online quick matches is the most tolerable game mode online for sim players but it still would be better on hof sim and yes that momentum system is a pain in the you know what. They can deny it all they want but if you've played as many online games as I have these past few years then you would know it's clearly in the game. I can literally almost predict what shots are gonna go in sometimes no matter the situation especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter. It's almost better to play from behind because it's inevitable that you're going to lose your lead no matter what you do.

Especially when you use horrible ranked teams versus elite teams smh. I know Golden State is ranked number 1 but just because I'm using the Knicks against them that means I have to struggle even if the person using them sucks ? There's moments where I could have a simple steal but they deflect the ball way to the 5th row smh or I miss a point blank rebound cause the bounced off my nose but I throw a simple pass against golden state it's an easy interception smh. Andrew bogus beating my guards to loose balls lol all because of the teams ranking on the game.

That needs to be addressed, just because a team is ranked high that doesn't mean 2k has to make everything go there way against lower ranked teams if the user himself isn't good.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Superstar default is the level of online quick matches, Thats why its so easy to score
That shot meter is horrible, ratings really don't matter it's just the releases. If someone has a easy release they can hit green releases all game and since green goes in every time that's a huge problem and they need to go back to the old system and maybe adjust that. I'm lights out with Terrance jones from anywhere on the court not because he's a great shooter but because his release is simple but I can barely shoot with Eric Gordon or barbosa because their release sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 14

Excellent Post! Its one of the reasons I have slightly backed away from the 2K series.

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Other than the Rec, Park , Myteam

This is the most Sim 2k online IMO
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

While I agree that the difficulty should be HOF, sim sliders in quick match, don't expect that to change the style of play in there.

Plus guys not catching the ball or coming up with steals happens on those settings too.

They really should rename that mode to...

"Who wants to play against the top three or four teams over and over and over on demand?"

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »