Home

Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park

This is a discussion on Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #17
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park

I think going to the categories was one of the things that ruined the game this year. Athleticism doesn't always mean dunking. Some of the fastest guards in the league can't dunk and some of the best dunking Big men aren't fast. It's simpler than everyone is thinking because the system was in place up until last year. It should just be more punitive. If you Max one attribute you can't do any others. Also, you can play career to build up but you don't get badges or anything on less than 8 minutes and all star. I'm a genius, i should work at 2k. Lol
Old 07-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #18
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Great suggestions here! I think that defense & offense need to be balanced.. most of the defensive attributes DON'T work (like shot blocking) or they (this applies to badges as well) don't work consistently. I need the defensive shading back & I need good foot sliding & stronger shot contesting animations for players with high defensive ratings. The other thing is weight/strength/speed being balanced... a 99 speed PG goes to the hole & runs into a 99 strength C who's 300 lbs.. the PG should lose... etc. these things need to be looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
- First teammate grade should be the badge, not rank. (its some garbage Legends out here)

- There should be a negative hit for holding the ball to long (time can be adjusted based on position)

- Shooting % should effect teammate grade also to cut down on the jacking

- Holding the charge for longer than 4 seconds should invoke a bad spacing hit (alternatively if someone is trying to post you in the paint, the charge button should function as the post up button also)

- Allow you to join teams with friends of different parks outside of the Stage (Once Park Championship is over, if it comes back)

- Get Rid of that Legend 3 VIP got next spot hijack

- Skills should be put into 3 Great, Good, and Average rating system (One selection per). Im talking your online character So even if the demigod glitch returns it would be hard capped off from making a difference (offline should have no limits)

Outside Offense (midrange-3point range) (with ball), Inside Offense (from the post up to the elbow)(offense with ball), Defense (and offense without ball) should be the 3 Main categories. Stat rate depends on height, weight, position. Certain badges should be hard locked to certain postions (Centers, P. Fowards shouldnt be able to have Dead Eye, Killer Crossover. PGs SGs shouldnt be able to get Tenacious Rebound, and Posterizer)

At the creation point you have to choose to be great in one thing, good in one, and average in the last.

The great category attributes can be raised to 90-95 (again depend on H,W,P)

The good category attributes can be raised to 84-89 (again depend on H,W,P)

The Average category attributes can be raised to 73-79 (again depend on H,W,P)

This way you cant have a All Around Beast (In the My Park, JRC modes), and it forces team roles, cooperation.

Lets say you choose Great for defense (offense with out ball) but Average for outside offense, and your team has the ball:

You will have a player that can move around the court fast, get in position faster, have the hands to catch flashy passes (deep passes), set great picks,etc, however with the ball in their hands, they are not ideal to bring the ball up the court, they are slower when dribbling because their ball handling is low (kills the zig zag crap), and the 3 point shot is sub-par, etc.

- And Lastly FIX PS4 MYPARK VOICE CHAT. Like Jordan, Kobe, KG, etc. I want to get into the head of my opponents. In 2K14 is was too easy and a lot of fun to get a someone playing hero ball to shoot their team out of the game
Old 07-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #19
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I think going to the categories was one of the things that ruined the game this year. Athleticism doesn't always mean dunking. Some of the fastest guards in the league can't dunk and some of the best dunking Big men aren't fast. It's simpler than everyone is thinking because the system was in place up until last year. It should just be more punitive. If you Max one attribute you can't do any others. Also, you can play career to build up but you don't get badges or anything on less than 8 minutes and all star. I'm a genius, i should work at 2k. Lol
To add on to that if you try to make a legit big man and you want to increase your shot close only, you have to increase your mid range and 3-pt rating as well because of the categories. We definitely need the individual attribute upgrades back, it will allow for a wider variety of players instead of the same types we see in 2k15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »