Home

Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park

This is a discussion on Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park

I noticed you have to actually play myteam games and challenges to earn myteam points meaning you're not able to purchase them like VC which is fine with me.

I was thinking why can't it be like that in Mycareer ? Why can't it go back to the 2k11 way where you had to actually earn your attribute points from playing the game legitimately. VC could still be purchasable but you can't spend it on ratings/attributes but only on mypark accessories like the team jerseys, shoes, gear, etc.

If myteam has myteam points you have to earn them Mycareer needs to have Mycareer points you have to earn because paying for your player day 1 or whenever kinda takes away the thrill of the mode. It also makes everyone pretty much the same player except some may be a different height and have a different shot release but either way everyone is pretty much a lebron-curry hybrid.

If you had to earn your attribute points could you imagine how diverse the park would be ? Players would stand out way more and it would take more of a strategy and team work to win instead of hey we're all great 3 point shooters and Dunkers so let's just do that all game especially on this low difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: Interesting way to fix Mycareer/park

I been saying this since VC been out but I don't see it happening.

They make so much off of all the people who buy VC for their players I don't see them ever going back to the old way.

Back in 2K11, minus the hackers, you could actually see the difference between guys..
There was elite shooters, athletic wings, points who passed first, bigs who played d and grabbed boards....and if you met someone who actually put the time in they could do it all.

Now you play for one season and you can do it all...even if you're a center who's bigger than Shaq.

Yea taking VC out will change that, so for the first few months the game will be balanced...but once everyone plays through a season it'll just be all generic 90 overall big men with handles like it is now.

They gotta figure out how to balance the positions first, then if they make it skill points it'll be good again.

-Allen Iverson
Old 06-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Good point. If they could figure out how to get it where it would take up until your 3rd and 4th year to actually become a superstar which is usually how it is in real life but maybe that's asking for a lil too much but hey they're the ones always preaching sim.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Hate hate hate the park/Rec now . It's literally the video game version of the Harlem globetrotters.

Every single game and player feels the same .

They need to introduce play types with attribute caps next year. And have those play types listed beside their position .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
Rookie

I agree rockie, that would atleast make it diverse in the park. You can't even make a normal sized point guard cus everyone makes 6"8 and above height forwards smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losethenbalicense
I noticed you have to actually play myteam games and challenges to earn myteam points meaning you're not able to purchase them like VC which is fine with me.

I was thinking why can't it be like that in Mycareer ? Why can't it go back to the 2k11 way where you had to actually earn your attribute points from playing the game legitimately. VC could still be purchasable but you can't spend it on ratings/attributes but only on mypark accessories like the team jerseys, shoes, gear, etc.

If myteam has myteam points you have to earn them Mycareer needs to have Mycareer points you have to earn because paying for your player day 1 or whenever kinda takes away the thrill of the mode. It also makes everyone pretty much the same player except some may be a different height and have a different shot release but either way everyone is pretty much a lebron-curry hybrid.

If you had to earn your attribute points could you imagine how diverse the park would be ? Players would stand out way more and it would take more of a strategy and team work to win instead of hey we're all great 3 point shooters and Dunkers so let's just do that all game especially on this low difficulty.
mycareer and mypark are linked because you use same player
Old 06-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I been saying this since VC been out but I don't see it happening.

They make so much off of all the people who buy VC for their players I don't see them ever going back to the old way.

Back in 2K11, minus the hackers, you could actually see the difference between guys..
There was elite shooters, athletic wings, points who passed first, bigs who played d and grabbed boards....and if you met someone who actually put the time in they could do it all.

Now you play for one season and you can do it all...even if you're a center who's bigger than Shaq.

Yea taking VC out will change that, so for the first few months the game will be balanced...but once everyone plays through a season it'll just be all generic 90 overall big men with handles like it is now.

They gotta figure out how to balance the positions first, then if they make it skill points it'll be good again.
Maybe 2k should introduce a skill points 2x and 4x multiplier so people can get VC faster but are still required to play the game. That way we sort of get what we want and they can still make their money.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
mycareer and mypark are linked because you use same player
You either should have to earn every attribute point on your park character ON the park, or they need to make it to where you can be Reggie or rayray but not Jordan at the same time. If you Max athlete you should get a 68 Max 3 pter and 70 ball handling. No one should be good at everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »