Home

How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots than me.

This is a discussion on How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots than me. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots than me.

My opponent always shoots more FGs than me by at least 10 every game I play. I try setting it to crash boards, putting in big line ups, manually grabbing rebounds, not boxing out manually, manually boxing out, everything. But no matter what they always end up getting every loose ball and even when I don't turn the ball over they will get 10-15 more offensive rebounds than me to make up the difference. The rebound problem only happens if I don't turn the ball over. Not sure if there is a pattern in that or some basketball thing I am missing here.

I think I am the only one and that I am just very unlucky. The last game I played my opponent was 9/27 from three and shot the ball 15 more times than me. He didn't kill me on the boards either, nor did I turn the ball over. Neither of us shot more free throws. Somehow he just got more shots than me. Weird, I know.

Please don't post a Sam Pham video because no, I tried and they don't fix this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
Banned

Re: How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots than m

What's funny is on PC you can see the amount of hours your opponent has and he had less than 100 hours on NBA 2k15. He started Kevin Love at SF and he just kept jacking up threes.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots th...

I routinely get out shot from the field like that and often times have about 75 shots in a 12 min quarter hof sim slider game and it'll be nothing to give up 95 shots on the other side.

A guy can start a quarter with the first shot and end it with a shot and get the ball right back so there's a couple. A few more shots off blocks they recover, a few more off turnovers and a few more from offensive rebounds and it adds up.

I'm always amazed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-03-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #4
Banned

Re: How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I routinely get out shot from the field like that and often times have about 75 shots in a 12 min quarter hof sim slider game and it'll be nothing to give up 95 shots on the other side.

A guy can start a quarter with the first shot and end it with a shot and get the ball right back so there's a couple. A few more shots off blocks they recover, a few more off turnovers and a few more from offensive rebounds and it adds up.

I'm always amazed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent response. Amazing indeed. It's funny how every ball that gets blocked goes right back to the opponent. He misses and he gets it back, even if I have better reboudners in the game. On the other side I am lucky to get half as many offensive rebounds even if it is on crash boards all game. Did you poke the ball loose? Don't worry, it's a turnover when it happens to you but for him it messes up your defense and two points.

Even if all he does is jack up threes the entire match and you play a balanced offense he will get to the line more than you.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: How come every game I play (win or lose) my opponent shoots 10+ more shots than m

It all depends on your playstyle...for me, it's beneficial to see this stat.

I play as the Sixers, so I actually want them taking more shots. If they come in the paint I have two rim protectors..and I have good wing defenders as well...so as long as they're taking tough shots it's cool with me. I'm playing mainly in the post or looking for an open shot so I try to make every bucket count and go in with the mindset I'm not getting the ball back.

On offense I take at least 15 seconds before I score...slow it down. Post up Nerlens or Embiid and let them work, kick out to shooters. If I get a block or steal a pass I'm running every time...

Other than that I let the other player play how they want...which is usually jacking threes (long rebounds) or attempting dunks (blocks and strips which like you said seems to always get back into the offensive players' hands).

I've realized it's easier to contain that playstyle than to stop it completely. If I try too hard to stop a barrage of 3's I wind up leaving someone else wide open or an easy lane...so I just let them think they're open and once they shoot I try and get a hand up...kind of bait them into bad shots...

So that's why I usually see my opponent with more attempts..but I almost always have less turnovers, more blocks and steals, better fg%, and much higher time of possession.

Doesn't mean I always win; some games my shooters are just ice cold or they won't call any fouls my way...I think it's 2K's way of punishing me for playing as a team that shouldn't be competing with playoff teams....
Even tho we did all season if you watched games lol

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 02:47 AM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
My opponent always shoots more FGs than me by at least 10 every game I play. I try setting it to crash boards, putting in big line ups, manually grabbing rebounds, not boxing out manually, manually boxing out, everything. But no matter what they always end up getting every loose ball and even when I don't turn the ball over they will get 10-15 more offensive rebounds than me to make up the difference. The rebound problem only happens if I don't turn the ball over. Not sure if there is a pattern in that or some basketball thing I am missing here.

I think I am the only one and that I am just very unlucky. The last game I played my opponent was 9/27 from three and shot the ball 15 more times than me. He didn't kill me on the boards either, nor did I turn the ball over. Neither of us shot more free throws. Somehow he just got more shots than me. Weird, I know.

Please don't post a Sam Pham video because no, I tried and they don't fix this problem.
Post a few screen shots of some of your box scores then we can all help you out better
Have you tried manually switching to the big closest to the basket on offense everytime after you take a shot ? You know you are doing well when you switched to the big so fast the ball is still in the air. I grab like 2-4 offensive boards a quarter this way.

Sam Pham

*i would post my offensive rebound tutorial lol but you said no Sam Pham video haha
Old 07-04-2015, 03:44 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Post a few screen shots of some of your box scores then we can all help you out better
Have you tried manually switching to the big closest to the basket on offense everytime after you take a shot ? You know you are doing well when you switched to the big so fast the ball is still in the air. I grab like 2-4 offensive boards a quarter this way.

Sam Pham

*i would post my offensive rebound tutorial lol but you said no Sam Pham video haha
I do manual switching, but is it me or is it unreliable sometimes? Like when I manual pass or switch it does not do anything and sometimes the icons don't come up on defense.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:06 AM   #8
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
I do manual switching, but is it me or is it unreliable sometimes? Like when I manual pass or switch it does not do anything and sometimes the icons don't come up on defense.
While the shot is in the air you don't need to icon switch (that causes delay) just click X. Clicking X switches you to player closest to the ball. This has never failed me, in my Gameplays I grab tons of offensive boards because of this. In my latest RTTP video I went into detail on this. You can check it out if you want

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »