Home

The BBALL IQ of the My park community

This is a discussion on The BBALL IQ of the My park community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

Why does the MYPARK community not seem to know how the hell to play ball although they live in this virtual park for the past 10 months? like the things that i watch happen in games are sometimes the sadest displays of ball i seen in anyform. hell even the things i have heard said in post game messages and parties alone makes me wonder is this the first time you played or watch ball.

example one. when i come in to the park with my 7ft its so sad to watch me get paired up vs a SG. and to get iced out all game by the other 2 people thinking im there to help them practice their shots rather than letting me EAT the mismatch i have, like really?

Example two, people (gaurds mainly) who just run into the paint hoping for the power of badges to carry them. not knowing the center also has badges to lay you on your back <_<

example three, people NOT BOXING OUT or setting screens. like people just watch their man run into the paint while they camp the 3 point line waiting for the ball. instead of fighting to get the board or helping the ball handler get free by screening.

the box out thing is a problem cause at the end of the game, that center is now getting hate mail for not grabbing that 1 board where it was 2 v 1 for the rebound. as for the screens. i oncesent a guy a message saying do more than stand on the 3pt. set screens. and he responded " ONLY CENTERS SET SCREENS" Wait What? people really Believe this?

my friend once got hate mail as a center for "not taking the ball down the court and playing like a TRUE big like kevin love" LOL. this was at the REC BTW.

like i hate to think the Park/ rec community is this moronic when it comes to ball. but wow. and its summertime now too? so now the stupidity is going off the scales.

do you think there is anything 2k can do to promote ACTUAL BALL playing and IQ in the next game? or is park forever doomed to be a casual fest?

2k15 park has made me so grateful that i can go to to my LOCAL park and play ball without the frustration of not being able to deal with the idiots lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Re: The BBALL IQ of the My park community

Why do people keep comlaining about other people not having any bball iq?

2k does not require any bball iq whatsoever. Don't hate the player, hate the game
Old 07-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Is there any incentive to play with integrity and BBALL IQ?

NOPE!

So why expect people to play that way. To me online randoms will ALWAYS be about finding the weak points in the game and exploiting those to maximize their chance of winning.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #4
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Its a arcade mode mostly for casuals and kids. Dont expect much considering its on a low difficulty as well
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Is there any incentive to play with integrity and BBALL IQ?

NOPE!

So why expect people to play that way. To me online randoms will ALWAYS be about finding the weak points in the game and exploiting those to maximize their chance of winning.
Perfect answer right here. The sad part is that these people never realize the best way to tons of wins is to play basketball in this game. Exploits can help you win with minimal effort, but skills in 2k can actually take your very far.

If you want to play with people with high BBall IQ best to play with friends ^_^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Yea I hear on this man. But the people that actually know Basketball and try to emulate the real deal in this video game get punished severely. Let's be honest here, the reason everything's so arcadey in this game is all for the money. If 2k was too realistic, 75% of the population (which is cheezers) will not invest VC into this game or even buy the game period.

My biggest issue in the Park (and even MyTeam) is that the success rate of making a jump shot off the dribble is extremely high. If someone wants to zig zag, fine, but at least make their shot off the dribble tougher to make. Baseline dunkers are just as broken as well.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Perfect answer right here. The sad part is that these people never realize the best way to tons of wins is to play basketball in this game. Exploits can help you win with minimal effort, but skills in 2k can actually take your very far.

If you want to play with people with high BBall IQ best to play with friends ^_^

The way a game is played at its most competitive and highest level reveals how it is truly designed. Exploits are easy and produce consistent success for less effort. Therefore, playing real basketball *isn't* the "best way" to play. If it takes much more practice and effort to just go "very far" and yet not as far as cheesing (or skills AND cheesing) will go, the game is NOT designed for players to play actual basketball.

You can never just blame the players-- players are simply aiming to succeed in whatever way the game mechanics allow them. It's the job of the game design to direct their behavior. In fact that sums up the entirety of game design as an enterprise.

Last edited by Sundown; 07-04-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Good post OP and Sundown. The basic principles such as creating space, setting screens, passing to the open man, or simply guarding the one in front of you are lost in the park and you rarely come across people that think like this. Sad thing is that you don't necessarily need to do these things to win as stated earlier. Often a simple side to side zig zag cheese 3pt/mid range is most successful tactic. I thought the rec would provide a little more realism for myplayer but that place is just as bad imo. I often feel like I'm playing that old interactive game Dragon's lair where I push a button or stick movement and watch a long drawn out animation/sequence. Especially on defense imo. Can't wait till 16
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »