Home

Run and Gun Offense / Fast Break Points

This is a discussion on Run and Gun Offense / Fast Break Points within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

Charizard's Arena

OVR: 0
Run and Gun Offense / Fast Break Points

Seeing as they have taken coaching sliders out this year
(Im hoping their in 2K16) Whats the best offense set up to just run up and down/Get plenty of players forward for the fast break

I currently use Get to Basket, Shoot at will, Limit Transistion for Offense and Defense I use, Protect Paint, Conservative D + Run in Transistion

However Im not really finding that Im getting scoring alot on the break I also have speed and quickness set at 55, Also the Coaches offense like Swing, Pace 4-1 etc / Space floor, Motion cuts etc, I dont understand Pace or Swing but I understand 3-2, 4,1 + Space The floor

If anyone could help in coming up with the best offense to get up and down ala Phoenix 07 etc that would be helpful, also an in depth understanding to what Motion Cuts, Freelance mean

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Run and Gun Offense / Fast Break Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard
Seeing as they have taken coaching sliders out this year
(Im hoping their in 2K16) Whats the best offense set up to just run up and down/Get plenty of players forward for the fast break

I currently use Get to Basket, Shoot at will, Limit Transistion for Offense and Defense I use, Protect Paint, Conservative D + Run in Transistion

However Im not really finding that Im getting scoring alot on the break I also have speed and quickness set at 55, Also the Coaches offense like Swing, Pace 4-1 etc / Space floor, Motion cuts etc, I dont understand Pace or Swing but I understand 3-2, 4,1 + Space The floor

If anyone could help in coming up with the best offense to get up and down ala Phoenix 07 etc that would be helpful, also an in depth understanding to what Motion Cuts, Freelance mean

Thanks
It's worth experimenting with things, and you'll have to make adjustments in game anyway, but in general I would say Run in Transition for sure.

Then, depending on how you do defensive setting (if you use them), playing physical defense will, in general bring about more steals, tips and turnovers. It's more aggressive, so there are risks, but it's there for you.

Whether you play neutral, protect the perimeter or protect the paint is really about your approach to defense and the personnel you face. Personally, I do fine in transition with protect the paint and by setting individual defensive assignments to play tight on shooter. For more on that check out Sam Pham NAPP system.

On offense, I wouldn't say you have to Get to the Basket, because that will keep shooters from setting out beyond the arc if you want transition 3's. Again, take a look at your personnel. You default offensive system matters a bit here too. Personally, I like the way transition sets up using 4 out - 1 in, but if you don't have a stretch 4, maybe you don't want to do that. Up to you.

Shoot at Will is good, as it give a little boost to you early in the shot clock. It's not necessary, but it helps. I generally stay with neutral offensive aggression and change it during the game, but if you want to really run n' gun, shoot at will is ok for default. Just realize that even for pace team there will be times to slow down because the AI adjusts and you need to change things up during a game, especially if you play 12 minute quarters.

For offensive rebounding, if I'm on run n' gun, I generally like to go all in and crash offensive boards. That gets me some clean up transition points on misses, especially if my transition has prevented the defense from getting set up well enough to box out.

Hope that helps! As with all POE's, most games will require you to change things up from time to time, across the board.

EDIT UPDATE: One more thing. For me anyway, fast break is much better playing on 2k cam. I used to play broadcast and I just could never see the court in transition the way I wanted. Not sure what camera you play, but for transition it makes a difference.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 07-09-2015 at 03:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »