Home

PS4 MyPark Voice Chat Update

This is a discussion on PS4 MyPark Voice Chat Update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PS4 MyPark Voice Chat Update

Based of of this thread by Ownal0t, and silence from the NBA2K group on the issue:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rked-park.html

I decided to open a support ticket. This is the response I received. Apparently voice chat not working in MyPark on PS4 is a non-issue (ha!)

Is it working for anyone else?

Quote:
Are you sure this affects all the players you play with?
Has another user iterated to you that they are also experiencing this issue?

The voice chat does work. I use this myself all the time. This is actually the first time we get a request like this.
Could it be you have voice chat disabled in your console settings? Maybe someone you are playing with is causing the issue?
Have you tried playing in another park, or trying this on another console? Perhaps with another account?
Could it be that you or someone you are playing with have been muted for using offensive language? This can also be highly likely.
Let me know if any of the above scenarios could apply.

Would you be able to test the disc in a friend's console to see whether it could be a disc or console issue?
If the game runs fine on another console, or you are unable to verify on another console, would you be able to try uninstalling the game by deleting the game data, and then reinstalling it?
It sounds like something could have went wrong during the installation process.
You will not lose any saved data in this process.
I'm sorry about any inconvenience this causes for you.
Let me know if you'll need any further assistance in doing this, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Barry B.
2K Support
My Response:

Quote:
Hey Barry,

It is affect multiple people, there is a post on OperationSports.com with multiple users asking.

Again Im specifically talking about in-game voice chat is MyPark on PS4. The only solution is to do party chat at the system level.
From what I'm told by others it works on XBOX ONE. Im not sure if in work in other modes. I havent test outside of MyPark since its the only mode I play.

I did re-install the game to check resulting in the same behavior, however I do not see why it would be a disc or console issue. As I stated earlier; It works when waiting on the "Got Next " Spot. I am able to hear other players via in game chat. Because of that Im sure it is not the disc or the console. Once the players walk on the court, or the match starts, the mics are muted (for everyone)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: PS4 MyPark Voice Chat Update

Anyone else had a chance to test on their side?
Old 07-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: PS4 MyPark Voice Chat Update

Update from 2K Support:

Quote:
"Just to let you know that we have been made aware of the issue and have forwarded it to the developer team who are actively looking into it and will hopefully have a fix for the issue shortly. It may be addressed in an upcoming patch, but unfortunately we here at 2K Support do not have a view into developer progress."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »