Home

Evidence supports that 2k16 will showcase "fake" colleges in MyCareer Mode

This is a discussion on Evidence supports that 2k16 will showcase "fake" colleges in MyCareer Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #9
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Evidence supports that 2k16 will showcase "fake" colleges in MyCareer Mode

Given the issues with college players not being paid I'd rather see 2K stay away from official licensing.

Unless the game also includes the difficulties those players face in the game. Like your point guard's morale being down because he couldn't afford to pay for his utilities or your big man losing weight because he's starving. Now that sounds like fun for whole family.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #10
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't see it happening, I think you announce where you're going but do something or Vic (who sounds like he will be a childhood/bad influence) does something that makes you ineligible for college, that or injury.

I see no achievements for college like winning a title or becoming the consensus #1 pick...you'd think something like that would be in there if we're having a full blown college career.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #11
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 Likely To Showcase "fake" Colleges in MyCareer Mode - Evidence Supports

@Wolf Ticket Yeah, I see your point. Seems like there would definitely be an achievement for going #1 or something like that. Or winning the national championship. I am hoping those things are still possible though.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 01:22 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So I've been periodically checking out all the licensing pages and whatnot since I saw the 2K covers and of course that search starts and ends with the CLC. Now mind you some schools aren't licensed through the CLC from what I can tell like Ohio State, Oregon, Kentucky, etc.

Let me be clear before we go further, I can't remember if I saw these things listed at the time (I'm pretty sure I didn't see these listed) but it seems highly unlikely that they'd still be there considering how long ago College Hoops 2K8 was. So it stands to reason that these are all fairly new. Also, this doesn't necessarily mean we'll be able to actually play games with these schools and all their uniforms, trademarks, etc. For all we know we simply pick a school to go to, length to stay and it sims to the end of that time frame. It'll be bananas if we actually can though man. With all that having been said, the thing that stood out the most for me doing this? This first screen certainly reflects that Michael Jordan cover.

Every school that's listed on this site as licensed by 2K Sports I have included in the spoilers. Davidson and Kentucky licensing isn't handled by the CLC from what I can gather, but we can assume they're licensed as well based on the covers. Notable schools I saw on that CLC site that aren't licensed by 2K? North Carolina, Duke, Notre Dame, Florida, Gonzaga, Illinois, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Syracuse and Wake Forest. Anyway, list of licensed schools in the spoiler tags.

Spoiler
Proof they have license. Not ncca but clc
Old 07-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
Proof they have license. Not ncca but clc
Would be a bummer if only CLC schools were included - but it's looking that way. Appreciate the research!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Would be a bummer if only CLC schools were included - but it's looking that way. Appreciate the research!
Given the insanity of the last couple of years, with the all the litigation, any college presence at all would be an unexpected treat, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K16 Likely To Showcase "fake" Colleges in MyCareer Mode - Evidence Supports

we honestly dont need 2 threads on the same thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »