Home

2k16: Improved attention to Detail with Euroleague prospects

This is a discussion on 2k16: Improved attention to Detail with Euroleague prospects within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
2k16: Improved attention to Detail with Euroleague prospects

Because prospects like Dario Saric and Mario Henzonja were added months after release its understandable that they looked nothing like their real life counterparts. However, assuming that we have the complete euro roster at launch, a guy like Dario Saric should look as accurate as Rudy Fernandez, or V-Span does on their Euroleague team. Sergio Rodriguez, V-Span, and Rudy Fernandez all looked extremely accurate so hopefully someone like Dario Saric recives that same care.

I'm not sure if it's only an issue of the team rosters at launch... Because Kenan Sipahi the u-18 tournament mvp (and one of the highest rated players on the Euroleague roster) looked nothing like his real life counterpart. Yet, Sipahi was actually in the game from launch. This confuses me because like I stated earlier, some of these Euroleague players look extremely accurate. When you're looking at players who were drafted, or look like they're gonna be drafted those are the players who should really be handled with care.

Now the last thing I wanted to address is with the euro players added later in the season. I'm going to use Georgios "Papa" Genuis as the prime example. He's currently an extremely bright prospect overseas who measures at 7'2, 280 pounds at age 17. A lot of people think he has great potential to make it into the league one day. However, let me show you how he was implemented into 2k15.

Looking at that pic you might not notice the issue at first, but if you look closely you'll see that hes listed at 125. Yes a 7'2 280 pound prospect is listed at 125 pounds in 2k15. Those are just details that take a couple extra minutes to check. If players are added later, and you know you cant give an accurate cyberface, at least attempt to wiki their proportions

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 07-15-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: 2k16: Improved attention to Detail with Euroleague prospects

Maybe they googled the weight in kg, didn't read or didn't know the unit and just thought it's the same as pounds? I googled him right know, and it states he weighs 124 kg.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

That's the safest conclusion
Old 07-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I for one am absolutely anal about accuracy and as much as I can, I either move or create all the NBA teams retained draft picks stashed overseas in the FA pool for later use. As a result I like to have the Euroleague teams accurate as possible because since their inclusion in 2K since the last few iterations I've actually garnered an increased interest in the Euroleague competition IRL.
That said, literally every CAP looks the same, the lack of play types makes them effectively usesless and their ratings are often not reflective of their real life counterparts.

It seriously looks as if they opened a random CAP, and assigned a random preset white face for a White player, and a random black preset for a black player and maybe changed the hair a little.
The Euroleague is doing well for itself and I think if they paid a little more attention to it, people in Europe would be more inclined to purchase 2k even more.

Providing an up to date roster update was swell though, but I feel a lot of the people added to those teams we just Names on a generic template.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

SilkiestSkillzz's Arena

I remember at one stage in 2k14 they had Dellavedova's picture and profile look like Karasev... As an Australian I was quite annoyed lol.

Good Transactions: Too many to list... Head on over to the Good Transactions thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Yes, nearly every euro player, has that same fat face preset generic white look
Old 07-17-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
I for one am absolutely anal about accuracy and as much as I can, I either move or create all the NBA teams retained draft picks stashed overseas in the FA pool for later use. As a result I like to have the Euroleague teams accurate as possible because since their inclusion in 2K since the last few iterations I've actually garnered an increased interest in the Euroleague competition IRL.
That said, literally every CAP looks the same, the lack of play types makes them effectively usesless and their ratings are often not reflective of their real life counterparts.

It seriously looks as if they opened a random CAP, and assigned a random preset white face for a White player, and a random black preset for a black player and maybe changed the hair a little.
The Euroleague is doing well for itself and I think if they paid a little more attention to it, people in Europe would be more inclined to purchase 2k even more.

Providing an up to date roster update was swell though, but I feel a lot of the people added to those teams we just Names on a generic template.
I understand if they can't put a lot of effort into Euroleague. But at least make sure the big names are done properly
Old 07-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #8
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

i don't think 2k is gonna spend money traveling Europe just to facescan foreign players

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »