Home

What if 2k scanned in real people as generated rookies?

This is a discussion on What if 2k scanned in real people as generated rookies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #17
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What if 2k scanned in real people as generated rookies?

If 2K scanned real people for the game the people would have to sign off on it. It's the same process used in television for reality tv stars, many of which aren't getting paid to be on the show. They just signed an agreement which is what would obviously be necesary for this concept.

However a better method is to just have the generated logorithms fall within more realistic parameters.

For example: black people shouldn't have thin lips with skinny long noses. Being a black person I know that to not be an average trait of the majority of black people. I've seen the game generated so many dark skin black guys with blue eyes that are slanted upwards in an asian way. I have met 0 dark skin brothers with blue asian slanted eyes. The game shouldn't generate people who fall within such an anomaly. It's nonsensical.

The computer would generate more realistic looking players if the parameters for random generation were set more rigorously.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yes they would have to worry about lawsuits. I am 99.99% sure that in the contracts there is no mention that by signing this contract you are allowing 2K to use your likeness in our video games. They need permission from their employees.
I understand that. What I meant was that it would be easier to add those people than to add regular joes like us. They were in 2k14 on the PS4, I remember seeing Mike Wang on one of my MyGM saves.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #19
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0

All they need to do is add more detailed face sculpting sliders like in Dragon Age: Inquisition or plenty of MMO games, the variety in those is nearly endless.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #20
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd even take Mass Effect 1 customization as an upgrade
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »