Home

Why does Rec center have no box score?

This is a discussion on Why does Rec center have no box score? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Why does Rec center have no box score?

It seems silly that you can't press start to see an entire box score of rec games like you can in a regular game. Should be able to view all stats like fg percent, assists etc. not just while you're in the game but standing in "observer mode" too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 AM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: Why does Rec center have no box score?

cause its a pickup game like park mode. Stats arent saved except W/L its all about teammate grade
Old 07-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

They did it for pickup games in 2k11. I liked that the most because you could go through the gametrack and watch replays of every scored basket.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

uploadfromtaptalk1437345546711.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Do you mean press start and stop the game completely for everyone? Or press start and only your player stands there like a dope while we keep playing? I am down with having a feature where, if you want, you can see the box score at your own games expense. But if it's at the expense of others that is a terrible idea. Try playing NHL for 1 game and you'll understand why it's a bad idea.

I would be really okay if they allowed you to view stats after the game for a minute or two.

Sorry, to answer your question...because it's really annoying. Not so much the idea of being able to check stats or wanting to check stats etc. The people that abuse the pause feature are annoying. Unfortunately, there are more people that will abuse it than find it useful. So in interest of game speed and enjoyability I'm glad it's not a function.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

NBA2KVC's Arena

Hope in 2k 16 we cab see the box score.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:17 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Do you mean press start and stop the game completely for everyone? Or press start and only your player stands there like a dope while we keep playing? I am down with having a feature where, if you want, you can see the box score at your own games expense. But if it's at the expense of others that is a terrible idea. Try playing NHL for 1 game and you'll understand why it's a bad idea.

I would be really okay if they allowed you to view stats after the game for a minute or two.

Sorry, to answer your question...because it's really annoying. Not so much the idea of being able to check stats or wanting to check stats etc. The people that abuse the pause feature are annoying. Unfortunately, there are more people that will abuse it than find it useful. So in interest of game speed and enjoyability I'm glad it's not a function.
There are plenty of chances to view it without looking like a dope... During FTs, end of quarters, and end of game... Maybe allow players to view the last 5 box scores they've played it even after the game.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
There are plenty of chances to view it without looking like a dope... During FTs, end of quarters, and end of game... Maybe allow players to view the last 5 box scores they've played it even after the game.
That's a really good idea with allowing previous games.

I agree there are times you can look at the box score without affecting your game play. I'm making the point that allowing users to pause the game for 'everyone' slows down the process tremendously, is annoying for other players who aren't concerned about the box score at that time, and will be abused by many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »