Home

Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

This is a discussion on Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
I've done the same thing, I've dropped a lot of the shooting sliders so that you get more realistic scores and rebounding totals (I play 11 minute quarters and with normal sliders my teams only get like 30 boards a game which is highly unrealistic) I also raised the foul sliders because you get unrealistically low free throw attempts, even with playing 11 minute quarters. I raised the sliders and the teams went from 12-15 FT's a game to mid 20's. Much more realistic. And with the lowered shooting sliders, you don't have scrub *** players like Doug McDermott lighting you up for 35 points because people can just spam 3's with guys like him.
Exactly. I do 10 minute quarters and even with these FG% near 38 I can have a 50% FG shooting night against the right matchup.

I forget to mention that I also raised Shot Contest on the jump shot gather so guys aren't hitting contested jays all night against good d
Old 07-22-2015, 07:23 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: Things you don’t spam with playing against the CPU to keep things fair (sim)?

There are some money plays in most playbooks. I try to avoid them. I leave the offensive plays to my coach and players mainly. Running Swing Motion with Spurs for instance, and some Smart Plays now and then. Say if Duncan is hot or is defended by a small PF, I "run offense through Duncan" or choose "Post" as my offensive emphasis, and use "Smart Plays" to utilize that emphasis.

I don't mind stealing inbound passes. It's gamble after all, for me it works less than half the time... And if I fail to intercept, I am basically defending 4v5 with one guy way out of position...

Same goes for on-ball steals as well. Reaching in is a big risk against HoF Cpu, they'll blow by you when you're out of position for a second. That's why it's a risk I am not willing to take most of the time.

I play with default Sim sliders. And I think it is pretty realistic.

Here's my last game's team stats:

I was a bit lucky with my outside shots thought... Otherwise, my FG would have been closer to 50%. Ginobili went 11/13 in that game, normally he goes like 5/13 for me

Here's the full game if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxZ4AUVCR58
Old 07-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #11
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Exactly. I do 10 minute quarters and even with these FG% near 38 I can have a 50% FG shooting night against the right matchup.

I forget to mention that I also raised Shot Contest on the jump shot gather so guys aren't hitting contested jays all night against good d
I'm with you guys. I have really tweaked my sliders to correct for these kinds of things, with SS s a base. I get realistic stats every game and neither steals nor alley oops nor really anything else is money. The CPU adjusts to what I am doing and I have to adjust back. to keep up or stay ahead.

Took a whole new round of slider tweaks after patch 4 to deal with shooting, but I found a good balance. Finally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
There are some money plays in most playbooks. I try to avoid them. I leave the offensive plays to my coach and players mainly. Running Swing Motion with Spurs for instance, and some Smart Plays now and then. Say if Duncan is hot or is defended by a small PF, I "run offense through Duncan" or choose "Post" as my offensive emphasis, and use "Smart Plays" to utilize that emphasis.

I don't mind stealing inbound passes. It's gamble after all, for me it works less than half the time... And if I fail to intercept, I am basically defending 4v5 with one guy way out of position...

Same goes for on-ball steals as well. Reaching in is a big risk against HoF Cpu, they'll blow by you when you're out of position for a second. That's why it's a risk I am not willing to take most of the time.

I play with default Sim sliders. And I think it is pretty realistic.

Here's my last game's team stats:

I was a bit lucky with my outside shots thought... Otherwise, my FG would have been closer to 50%. Ginobili went 11/13 in that game, normally he goes like 5/13 for me

Here's the full game if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxZ4AUVCR58
Bro, what do you use to record the game, I wanna do the same as well, please teach me!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
I've done the same thing, I've dropped a lot of the shooting sliders so that you get more realistic scores and rebounding totals (I play 11 minute quarters and with normal sliders my teams only get like 30 boards a game which is highly unrealistic) I also raised the foul sliders because you get unrealistically low free throw attempts, even with playing 11 minute quarters. I raised the sliders and the teams went from 12-15 FT's a game to mid 20's. Much more realistic. And with the lowered shooting sliders, you don't have scrub *** players like Doug McDermott lighting you up for 35 points because people can just spam 3's with guys like him.
Bro you play online? If not, what level of difficulty you are playing against CPU?
Old 07-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #14
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

If I'm destroying, I won't spam the interception cheese when any CPU is passing to the PG. so easy to predict.

However, I'm a firm believer that on Hall of Fame difficulty..

NO SPORTSMANSHIP. [:Chris Smoove voice:]

They cheese and I cheese right back.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkayos
If I'm destroying, I won't spam the interception cheese when any CPU is passing to the PG. so easy to predict.

However, I'm a firm believer that on Hall of Fame difficulty..

NO SPORTSMANSHIP. [:Chris Smoove voice:]

They cheese and I cheese right back.
Yeah I realized that too, like there are things we know CPU will cheese on us in HOF difficulty, and at the same time, we must do the same just to keep ourselves in the game and compete, whereas in SS difficulty, CPU doesn’t really cheese and I don’t like myself to cheese so I won’t do so (the list I have in my first post are those things that I can easily cheese with and abuse the CPU), therefore, it feels like a SIM basketball game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »