Home

Who's replacing Steve Kerr

This is a discussion on Who's replacing Steve Kerr within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:15 AM   #57
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who's replacing Steve Kerr

Please not Hubie "Mainly Because" Brown.
Mzong, ML10040311, Cavs4Life, CeltsFan81, AspeHeat, Apos1914, Illmatic1909, Lefxy, Phamtaztik, Palitongo, Rsudac, Ray Bond IV, nmellor, MrKornDog, Rengeektx, joenuts83, vermouth, Lakerking, urnoggin, Dan13Marino, Fabio85, tankendrick
Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #58
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
He even acknowledges it with a few lines??? What you mean bro?

Its been a while, but I recall him saying something to the effect of "How about that new Warriors coach?", or "That new Warriors coach is pretty good." I could be wrong on the exact phrase but he definitely mentions it.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm thinking it may only be Harlen and Clark this year because of how Greg Anthony got arrested and just like last year there won't be enough time to record new lines with a new commentator.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #60
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I said this before but will repeat how I rank them. Kerr brought actual lines and topics he would use as a commentator. He really was the best color commentator in the secondary role

Greg Anthony: My first choice is one of the better basketball color commentators. He is not annoying doesn't do corny catch phrases. He can do studio, and color commentary. If he didn't get that case in DC during March Madness I would have assumed he would be the guy. He works with TNT, and has been reinstated by them might be too late for 2K to add a bunch of lines though. Does NBA and college games

Brent Barry: 2nd choice. He brings good commentary not annoying and made up nicknames , works with TNT, NBA TV proper analysis.

Steve Smith: 3rd choice basic announcing not annoying brings a good experience and works with NBA TV and TNT

Reggie Miller: Don't even bother. He is annoying to me, corny and comes across as a fanboy depending on the matchup especially during Pacers and Lakers games. He was a great player but please don't add Reggie. He does work for TNT but I hope it is not him.

Chris Webber: Nope. I liked Webber as a player but as an announcer nah. Webber is a much better in studio guy though and is fine in the studio. Webber is guaranteed to bring up a "young kids watching at home you need to be working on ..... move". Chris just talks too much and beats over a point.

With Kerr leaving the TNT crew to coach you really see how good the color commentary dropped. He was the best at the role just a natural
Old 07-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #61
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I said this before but will repeat how I rank them. Kerr brought actual lines and topics he would use as a commentator. He really was the best color commentator in the secondary role

Greg Anthony: My first choice is one of the better basketball color commentators. He is not annoying doesn't do corny catch phrases. He can do studio, and color commentary. If he didn't get that case in DC during March Madness I would have assumed he would be the guy. He works with TNT, and has been reinstated by them might be too late for 2K to add a bunch of lines though. Does NBA and college games

Brent Barry: 2nd choice. He brings good commentary not annoying and made up nicknames , works with TNT, NBA TV proper analysis.

Steve Smith: 3rd choice basic announcing not annoying brings a good experience and works with NBA TV and TNT

Reggie Miller: Don't even bother. He is annoying to me, corny and comes across as a fanboy depending on the matchup especially during Pacers and Lakers games. He was a great player but please don't add Reggie. He does work for TNT but I hope it is not him.

Chris Webber: Nope. I liked Webber as a player but as an announcer nah. Webber is a much better in studio guy though and is fine in the studio. Webber is guaranteed to bring up a "young kids watching at home you need to be working on ..... move". Chris just talks too much and beats over a point.

With Kerr leaving the TNT crew to coach you really see how good the color commentary dropped. He was the best at the role just a natural
Never really thought of Barry. I won't be mad if he gets picked but i wont be excited either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #62
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So we can listen to him say "Will somebody PLEASE get a rebound?" 10 times a game?

No thanks! lol

Also, I don't see it being Greg Anthony. Not after he was arrested and then suspended. Unless they already had a deal in place prior to that that they couldn't get out of. Just a guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel83
Please not Hubie "Mainly Because" Brown.
I'd take both over Reggie "Are you kidding me?!" Miller any day
Old 07-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #63
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

Over/Under Reggie miller says 25 "are you kidding me's" in the game
Old 07-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #64
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatorfan
Over/Under Reggie miller says 25 "are you kidding me's" in the game
Easily over, good pass "Are you kidding me?!" Nice drive to the lane "Are you kidding me?!" Dunk....."Are you kidding me?!" etc, etc "Are you kidding me?!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »