Home

Announcement comming on the 24th?

This is a discussion on Announcement comming on the 24th? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 04:08 AM   #17
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Announcement comming on the 24th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW

And why the hell did they want Smoove to go to 2k offices? He's a gamer who has made money by playing games. He's not a games designer or really knowledgable basketball guy. At least Czar knows his stuff so he could help with the freelance offense etc. Smoove doesn't have any ideas that any other fan couldn't come up with.

Just email him. Haha. You don't need him in your office.
Easy PR.

10char

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 07-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I sadly came here hoping it was about better servers.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #19
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Quote:
Everything was broken by Youtubers last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but Czar was a Sim nation youtuber before he worked for 2k no? And he broke all the freelance stuff. Smoove broke the career stuff. Someone else got to break the MyTeam stuff.

All the news came from youtubers last year.

And why the hell did they want Smoove to go to 2k offices? He's a gamer who has made money by playing games. He's not a games designer or really knowledgable basketball guy. At least Czar knows his stuff so he could help with the freelance offense etc. Smoove doesn't have any ideas that any other fan couldn't come up with.

I'd like to see the number of people Chris Smoove has influenced to get a ps3/ps4 and purchase NBA 2k. 2k sports should be writing him a check as we speak.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #20
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Everything was broken by Youtubers last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but Czar was a Sim nation youtuber before he worked for 2k no? And he broke all the freelance stuff. Smoove broke the career stuff. Someone else got to break the MyTeam stuff.

By the time the game was releasing last year Czar was already with 2k for half the cycle, though it had not been announced. He let out the info about freelance because he built it, so he didn't break it as an independent vlogger.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #21
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

Those youtubers were there announcing things because they have a huge following online so its community people bringing the community news.

Smoove has over 2 million followers. My wife does youtube and I can tell you companies pay people massive amounts of money, trips, products and much more to do things, and with that amount of people he's on another tier.

Czar didn't just walk into 2k one day last year and they let him do video news man

Have some respect for history... study it first
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #22
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Also, 2K has telemetry data. They know exactly how many times a MyPlayer's name has been Chris Smoove.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:30 PM   #23
Banned

Youtubers have alot of influence on which games I buy. Usually I see people talking about reviews on ign and such. Those don't really influence me at all. That's why game companies look to people like Chris smoove to advertise their game. Social media is becoming a huge market for game companies. Actually not even game companies, Obama was the first president to ever use mass social media to promote his campaign. The future is here lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #24
Banned

Today is the day I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »