Home

More NBA 2K16 Details Revealed For 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE & MyGM

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K16 Details Revealed For 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE & MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #65
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: More NBA 2K16 Details Revealed For 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE & MyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I hope Coach Mode will be an option for MyLeague/MyGM.
I'm 100% with you on that LR. Miss that mode as I loved it in 2k11.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K16 Details Revealed For 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE & MyGM

Cool. They didn't really change anything about MyPark or Rec like I expected. The only thing I can hope is the gameplay actually registers when players bump into 1 another and not just if the animation clicks but given this is the same engine, I'm just gonna say that won't matter either.

Also ballers still have both shooting boosts which is also cool. Can't be more happy with them still being over powered. Given defense is based purely on if your animation registers vs actually being able to get into position and defend and move as fast as the offensive player that boost is a toss up. Riders will actually have the best boost but rebounding isn't that big when players make 90% of 3s and mids. So yeah. More cool stuff. I just hope if my guy is level 20 defender he won't slide all the way out of bounds if a press steal one time. I also hope my guy doesn't jump 4 times when I try to block a shot but it's not registering so I have to press it twice to get 4 jumps. Cool.

So another year of 3 point bombers and corner 3s. Cool. If affiliations carry over into the rec/proam stuff then it's gonna be just as bad. The servers will still be trash and its gonna lag into oblivion. Also cool.

Hopefully no matter what park you're in you'll be able to run with whoever you want. But I doubt it. Highly doubtful. Maybe they will have more dreads/hairstyles and tattoos this year. Again. Doubtful. But maybe just maybe clothes will have physics and shorts and stuff will move and not look like clay on the PS4.

Maybe the create a team/brand for ProAm will actually be really nice with a lot of different logos to choose from. Again. Highly unlikely since it's the 1st year for that. So they'll probably use whatever GFX files they used for CREW and call it a day. Then 2k17 they will update it and it will be all new stuff. More dances I assume. Can't wait to whip and nae nae. Woohoo. Same crossovers and same dunks too. Even more 7'3 Point Guards. But this time they get to rank at the top of the leaderboards! This is gonna be awesome.

So essentially looks like we'll be playing NBA 2K14.75.

Can't wait.

Last edited by 24ct; 07-23-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #67
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon11 Re: More NBA 2K16 Details Revealed For 2K Pro-Am, MyPARK, MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE & MyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'm deleting anything w/ CREW associated with it. Discuss what has been revealed or give a better description of what you'd like to see. It's getting old.
Then can you open back up the Official Crew Thread that the mods locked? You and the mods keep repeating about keeping any discussion about a Crew Mode out of these threads, and then you guys go and lock the official crew thread discussion. Be consistent.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 07-23-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #68
Banned

So basically...

Things I'm excited about;

1. MyTeam. Create your own logo, uniform and ARENA. I don't know if that will be a generic arena where you just pick the type of hardwood and change the logo or a full on custom arena. Either way I'm happy.

2. Gauntlet mode in my team sounds fun.

3. MyGM. Move an NBA franchise to a whole other city and completely rebrand them. 3 team trades. Summer league. Improved scouting and more micromanagement.

4. Online MyLeague. Not a lot of info about it but it sounds good. Hopefully I can get in on one on here?

5. ProAM. Custom branding for you and your mates team plus leaderboards.

6. MyCareer. Play in high school. Then college. And eventually declare and play in the nba draft. So basically you'll be starting as a 17 year old high school kid and working your way up. In depth story and more cut scenes etc.

Things I'm disappointed with;

1. No matchmaking. Even the ProAm is basically the Jordan Rec, there's still 4 full courts all at once. There's still got next and still alternative spaces for guys that are playing together. The only real difference is the custom uniforms and leaderboards.

2. Park is literally the exact same. Only thing that appears to be changing is aesthetics. Like maybe the courts will look different.

3. Frequency Vibrations. Still no word on whether or not that's your actual name.

Can't wait to hear more about this and see some teaser trailers.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #69
Rookie

they didnt say anything about fantasy draft & custom rosters for MyLeagueOnline.........
Old 07-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #70
MVP

lakers24's Arena

That team creator sounds exactly like I was hoping it would! They even got the news ticker. Also for those that don't know, they already confirmed that "Frequency Vibrations" was a nickname.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That team creator sounds exactly like I was hoping it would! They even got the news ticker. Also for those that don't know, they already confirmed that "Frequency Vibrations" was a nickname.
Well that sucks.

What does frequency vibrations even mean? Smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #72
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Game's going to be huge! Can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »