Home

No more Lebron at Point?

This is a discussion on No more Lebron at Point? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #17
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No more Lebron at Point?

LeBron at point makes sense? lol?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 10

LD2k said he was going to put Shaq at 4 and then Ronnie said "You may not want to do that"

so you MAY be able to still put players in probably their secondary position, but their attributes will likely suffer
Old 07-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #19
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
LeBron at point makes sense? lol?
LeBron pretty much ran point in Miami and he does now too.
You think Mario Chalmers was the floor general/point guard when LeBron was there?

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #20
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
You think Mario Chalmers was the floor general/point guard when LeBron was there?
LeBron is not a point-guard, that's why. He's not even the primary ballhandler on the Cavs as long as Kyrie is healthy and the stats show that clearly. Even if he were, being the primary ballhandler and being the PG is not the same. There's a reason he's always paired with a couple guards throughout his career. Magic was a PG. Oscar was a PG.

Quote:
Cavs Offensive Ball Handlers (Playoffs 2015)
42.4% Kyrie
33.3% Dellavedova
26% LeBron
You can also see that Kyrie is the much more effective ball-handler, leading to way more points per possession and fewer turnovers. Don't rely solely on the eye-test but look at easily accessible stats.

There's a massive difference between a point forward and a point guard. Joakim Noah wasn't the Bulls' PG last year because he led them in assists. The Cavs don't run lineups without 2 guards, period. LeBron rarely guards PGs; PGs rarely guard LeBron. Defensive assignments are the best way to classify positions in today's league.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #21
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I know that and it still doesn't negate what I said.

LeBron might have been "running point" but he was still playing the SF position and guarding other SFs while Chalmer's was playing the PG position and guarding other PGs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #22
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...ion_players_in

I know he doesn't guard other PGs but he has a lot of PG duties. I guess the better way to phrase it, as you said, is Point Forward, as he does guard the other Fs.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 07-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #23
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
would be great if this were true. I wanted a salary cap also so everyone wont have the same teams and be forced to use some of "non star" players
I disagree with that. Play an online league if you want to be the Hawks. They shouldn't force anyone to do anything. If you put in the time and/or money to build a team then you should be able to use them. IMO they should make the 2nd and 1st seed the only unrestricted seeds. Just make it less restricted as you advance.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
Lebron already has the play initiator trait, so he brings up the ball in 2K regardless of what position he is put at. He doesn't have to be at PG to be the first person to touch the ball after it being inbounded.

and I doubt people who do put Lebron at Point do it for basketball/sim reasons, likely just trying to cheese
I think it is cheese because if you put him at PG, the CPU won't be able to make a change in defense to adjust this situation. For example, I can put LBJ at PG, Smith at SG, Shumpert at SF, Love at PF, Mozgov at Center, and playing the warriors, let's say they wanna match my size, they should be giving a line-up of Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Lee and Bogut and have Curry guard Smith, Thompson guard Shumpert, Iguodala guard LBJ, Lee guard Love, Bogut guard Mozgov. You get what I mean? It is cheese JUST BECAUSE the CPU doesn't know how to react, not that playing LBJ at PG is cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »