Home

No more Lebron at Point?

This is a discussion on No more Lebron at Point? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 02:51 AM   #33
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No more Lebron at Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Good reply there bro, so may I ask? Why would these players be chosen tot be the initator instead of using the PG they have on the floor? Is it because these players tend to have the height and length combined with the ball-handling skill and vision to make it harder to guard them, while the PG they have might not be able to do the job to penetrate and kick it out so they got to switch roles?
its because sometimes the PG isnt the best creator/decision maker/passer on the team.

For example, earlier in the season the cavs let kyrie be the main play initiator, and they got off to a pretty bad start. I remember that 1 game against utah, they had a total team assist of 6 and zero of them came from the cavs point guards. After that, LBJ started initiating the plays.

Last edited by yungsta404; 07-24-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac1991
LD2k said he was going to put Shaq at 4 and then Ronnie said "You may not want to do that"

so you MAY be able to still put players in probably their secondary position, but their attributes will likely suffer

Oh well it makes sense for them to do what madden does just sounded to me like he said u can't do it at all anymore. But I do hope there is at least some kind of a down side to playing it of position this year

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Wouldn't that make playing small ball impossible though?

EDIT: I don't disagree that ridiculous lineups are an issue, but players might try and model a team on the defending champs.

I think that's why someone suggested u make it so players can go one up and one down from their position

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTune
Lol here is the video.

https://youtu.be/6f0q_mwtlI0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Lol thanks I wanted to link it but idk how to use this site that well yet or should I say the taptalk app

Old 07-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

Putting my "center" at "point guard" means absolutely nothing. Its a place on a depth chart. There is no reason from a basketball stand point 2k should restrict that.

Now from a videogame stand point, maybe i can take advantage of my size by rebounding and blocking shots, but my low lateral quickness and ball-handling isnt represented well enough; and that allows me to enjoy unrealistic success.

In that case, the real complaints should be: "why dont poor ball-handlers lose the ball", and "why is the on-ball defense represented through forgiving contact animations"

The way to keep things Sim is by remedying basketball problems with basketball solutions, not throwing around restrictions to hide the problem.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #38
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Putting my "center" at "point guard" means absolutely nothing. Its a place on a depth chart. There is no reason from a basketball stand point 2k should restrict that.

Now from a videogame stand point, maybe i can take advantage of my size by rebounding and blocking shots, but my low lateral quickness and ball-handling isnt represented well enough; and that allows me to enjoy unrealistic success.

In that case, the real complaints should be: "why dont poor ball-handlers lose the ball", and "why is the on-ball defense represented through forgiving contact animations"

The way to keep things Sim is by remedying basketball problems with basketball solutions, not throwing around restrictions to hide the problem.
It actually upsets me more people don't see it this way.

If I want to play Nerlens Noel at point, then I should lose the ball 99% of the time. And if I want to play Tony Wroten at center then I should be outrebounded and bullied.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
It actually upsets me more people don't see it this way.

If I want to play Nerlens Noel at point, then I should lose the ball 99% of the time. And if I want to play Tony Wroten at center then I should be outrebounded and bullied.
my thoughts exactly... we would further the game much quicker by getting away from bandaid solutions.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #40
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster

This is true in a perfect world. But the game isn't at the point where it can simulate those things properly and something needs to be done. Band-aids are better than frustations, at least until better solutions are available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »