Home

Was there ever a 3 on 3 sim society in 2k15 (smallz hendy hung1o)

This is a discussion on Was there ever a 3 on 3 sim society in 2k15 (smallz hendy hung1o) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Was there ever a 3 on 3 sim society in 2k15 (smallz hendy hung1o)

I was just wondering if there ever was something where friends would create a team of friends and have scheduled games against other teams in the park with rules?

Now that everyone has video capture rules could be enforced and shenanigans could be proven. Stats could be recorded manually and even a leaderboard.

In NCAA 2K3 and 2k4 we used to have an online league called NCAAMADNET.NET way before games included online leagues. That might have been the best online league experience I've ever had. We had Madden and NBA leagues as well.

There were interviews,Polls Ratings, GOTW, Awards and a lot more and this WAS IN 2002.

Is there any league or organization of gamers that currently do this for the park modes?

Lastly does anyone know these 3 people,
Hung1o xbox
Hendy xbox
Smallz(there as a number) xbox

Peace.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was there ever a 3 on 3 sim society in 2k15 (smallz hendy hung1o)

I know that something like that has been existing for former titles and the Team Up mode on PC. There was a steam group where you could register your team and then play against the other teams.

Quote:
There were interviews,Polls Ratings, GOTW, Awards and a lot more and this WAS IN 2002.
That's exactly what we do in the leagues I am member of since 2k11. One of those league exists since old NBA live days. Really fun to play games but also have all those surrounding things.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I play sim with my 2 close friends. We have little plays and stuff we do. We post up. Obviously don't do none of that zig zag stuff.

But I mean other than that I barely meet any other players online who have the same mindset. Got some cool people I met in the rec but tbh they still got some cheese in their game...but it's cool cuz you need to cheese a little to win.

Would be cool to start some sort of league or whatever in 16 if it's even possible lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Park mode isnt meant to be a simulation mode says 2k community guys.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #5
Rookie

MrPromax's Arena

OVR: 3

Amen. I have two friends that I play with regularly and that's as close as I can get to playing real basketball in park. If one is isn't playing the experience is terrible. No ball movement. No screens. Not a single extra pass. No help defense. No rotation.

I don't blame this on the user completely. 2K has forced us to party chat. 2K14 chat in game let me direct my teammates. I'd ask for help. Tell to them switch. Tell them what side to play P/R.

If you/we could communicate without party I think you could get some guys to play decent ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPromax
Amen. I have two friends that I play with regularly and that's as close as I can get to playing real basketball in park. If one is isn't playing the experience is terrible. No ball movement. No screens. Not a single extra pass. No help defense. No rotation.

I don't blame this on the user completely. 2K has forced us to party chat. 2K14 chat in game let me direct my teammates. I'd ask for help. Tell to them switch. Tell them what side to play P/R.

If you/we could communicate without party I think you could get some guys to play decent ball.
Agreed but even then the game rewards players with low basketball iq.

Pull up and take a contested 3 without even a thought of passing to a teammate? Swish.
Try and move the ball for an easy layup and some dude as quick as the flash teleports onto you to strip the ball...and then they give it to the d like he didn't even hit it lol.

I feel you tho, cuz when it's just one other friend on we seem to lose a lot because our other teammate can't play d; no rotating, no help, poor on ball skills in general...etc.
Offense turns into a 2 man game because we pass early and the random just jacks so we give up on em.

I used to blame the players a lot, and to be fair it's still sometimes their fault. But it's also on 2K to either make the game punish poor basketball, or reward good basketball. It's so so easy to take horrible 3s all game and win.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »