Home

At the cost of sounding horrible, Why is offball Defense Rewarded?

This is a discussion on At the cost of sounding horrible, Why is offball Defense Rewarded? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
At the cost of sounding horrible, Why is offball Defense Rewarded?

Why does 2k feel the need to Reward people for being lazy ? Yes i know there ways to beat offballers, but WHY do we have to find a workaround and change up our whole game to cater to a guy being a ****.

the thing is i dont think anything could be done to stop people from being lazy and what not. but its just annoying i played 5 online matches today. and i faced 3 offballers. how to people have fun sitting there and watchign their tv, then play the fun side of the game?

and nothing is worse when they get on the mic. " LOOK AT THAT D" "FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE" " LOL IM AWESOME"

NO! this is just ughhhh <_<
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: At the cost of sounding horrible, Why is offball Defense Rewarded?

Because 2k has made the open jumpshot a ridiculously high % shot for open shots after a zig zag for whatever reason after the latest patch. I used to always play on-ball D, but now I only play on ball D on the C and PF (assuming they can't shoot 3s).

I've tried and tried to manually guard the Curry and the Harden zig zaggers, but the lag combined with the slow reactions anyway = destined for failure.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
Banned

I use the center.... U definitely can't be lazy in this regard as if u are, u can get torched in the paint and also from offensive rebounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
Trequartista

10's Arena

What's the alternative though? If they make ai defenders terrible on any difficulty level what happens in offline games? They aren't rewarding people for being lazy, people are just being lazy. Ai does do a decent job of guarding the zig zag though. It's really not even that hard to beat ai defenders at any difficulty. Isos won't work as well but good ball movement and using plays/pnr's creates plenty of good looks on offense.

Also on ball d is actually rewarded, user contested shots are less likely to go in. Problem is the user not 2k

Last edited by 10; 07-29-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
WHY do we have to find a workaround and change up our whole game...

how to people have fun sitting there and watchign their tv, then play the fun side of the game?
Because this is nba2k, not nba street. Simulation basketball, where you run plays and use your entire team to score. Off ball defenders read and defend plays and players and try to counter the offensive sets being run. Don't get upset with them if you want to play 1on1 ball and they want to play nba sim-style basketball.

Run some plays, try and beat their entire team using your entire team.
ie: If you know which player your opponent is guarding, run a play for him and try and get an open look.

Just to clarify though, how do you see them being "rewarded"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I always get a kick out of on-ball warriors.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #7
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter
Because this is nba2k, not nba street. Simulation basketball, where you run plays and use your entire team to score. Off ball defenders read and defend plays and players and try to counter the offensive sets being run. Don't get upset with them if you want to play 1on1 ball and they want to play nba sim-style basketball.

Run some plays, try and beat their entire team using your entire team.
ie: If you know which player your opponent is guarding, run a play for him and try and get an open look.

Just to clarify though, how do you see them being "rewarded"?
LOL AT THE BOLD. You're serious? this is probably the case of 1 or of 10 people off balling online. i just played 4 consecutive games online where offball was being played ( i won 3 of them)

so tell me if they wana play "simulation Ball" , tell me why when i switch to the guy they are offballing with they run to the next possible defender to avoid getting a stop for them self. tell me why are these same "Simulation players" zig zagging, shooting ill advised 3s the first chance they get and not trying to run a offense. like if you do it so be it, but dont run that BS as a excuse why other do.

they getting rewarded with undeserved stops while they just watch the game play for them. if i wanted to play the CPU, i play myleague.

im not saying that you cant beat offballers. hell its funny to watch them **** themselves when they see a PnR in action LMAO, im just saying why does 2k allow them to do this **** .
Old 07-30-2015, 01:16 AM   #8
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

playing on ball or off ball doesnt make you "sim" or "cheese". you have 5 players to control on defense. if you are only controlling 1 without switching off to help here and there, then you're just doing yourself a disservice.

as long as you aren't doing cheesy double teams and playing passing lanes like a cheeser, i couldnt care less if you play off ball d.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 07-30-2015 at 01:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »