Home

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #25
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabish
I wonder if 2k get all the blame when no games played seamless online,everybody complains about the same issues with every game ,online gaming will never be a seamless affair for maybe another 15 years
You clearly don't play 2K online. I've been playing online games since I had to put a wireless lan to the back of my PS2. They played more smoothly than 2K does at 9 PM on a Thursday night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 01:24 PM   #26
Banned

How is this a ?
Old 07-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #27
Rookie

I can't be excited about this because it's still reliant on server functionality. We were promised a LOT of things last year that just never ended up working as well as promised (if at all). 2k needs to deliver some consistent, functional online gameplay before something like this excites me at all.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #28
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I'm gonna say it's a big hit.

Matchmaking: number 1 thing we needed. It eliminates waiting a half hour or so just to play one game.

Leaderboards: Let's you know how good you're doing, as a team and individual...what you and your squad need to work on. Brings more immersion for sure.

Customization: We can finally look like a real team not just random people all wearing the same generic or NBA teams' jerseys. Getting games in on your home court and showing off the work you put into your designs...seems minimal but it's so good to have it back...
Hopefully this means there'll be commentary during the games too...again, immersion is a huge key to making you wanna come back and play more.

As for a possible miss or two...

Servers: honestly they're not as bad as last years were. Remember MyCareer save files becoming corrupted because of the server issues? Losing all your VC and time..waiting weeks just to hear from 2K and getting your VC back just to make another guy?...

This year it didn't seem like "lag" was such a problem, more so input delay and framerate issues.
Play a quick match right now, online it's the best (least delayed) mode you can play. Hopefully ProAm is the same since it's only 10 people (basically teamup) controlling a guy and no one else in there.
Rec has so many people at once the framerate drops terribly...maybe they've fixed this this year but I see rec being nonexistent in my eyes after ProAm drops.

MyPlayer Overalls/Builds: 7' small forwards, 7'3 centers, etc. with the skill-sets of a point guard. Come on; everyone wants to be MJ/Durant/LBJ/Shaq mixed into one but it's not realistic AT ALL.
I see where they were trying to go this year by making it "harder" to get a 99 but I liked it better when we could put our stats up individually. Just cuz I'm fast doesn't mean I should dunk. Mid range doesn't mean a good 3 point shooter and vice versa.
Put harder caps on certain things the taller/smaller you get and on certain positions.

Honestly if they fixed some very minimal things this could be so much better than 2K11's mode. Because the gameplay has so much promise when the game's played right and not just being exploited.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #29
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Any thoughts on what's going to happen to 3vs3 or 2vs2? I would love to have this happen to those as well. Or do you all think Park is still going to be an option for those 2?

This says play with your team or drop into a game so I'm assuming this is going to remove Rec completely.

Last edited by BellSKA; 07-31-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #30
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishListGOD 1 OF 2
Im just hoping that people dont start making blinding neon colored courts.
oh, it's coming - prepare yourself.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #31
Rookie

It's a giant, total, unquestionable hit. It's the mode many of us have been asking for and then some - I would have been perfectly satisfied if it had less customization options for the arena.

Yes, we still have to see gameplay and who knows how the servers will hold up, but in my opinion Pro-Am as a mode is a big freaking hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 04:19 PM   #32
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Implementation and deployment will determine if this is a "hit" or "miss" in 2k16.

The vision has always been awesome and exciting, the gaming reality not so much.

The 2k team in charge of this mode is attempting to bring a lot of features to the table which, normally, is a worry because sometimes there is too much on the plate to succeed in these scenarios.

This year is different because everything seems to be a variant of what exists already, so I do not see "feature creep" as a worry. As the others responding in this thread the danger is from existing infrastructure and system flaws.

Those fundamental issues that have existed over the years will threaten to turn 2K Pro-Am into a miss more than anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »