Home

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
You shouldn't have to tell people you're calm. It should be obvious.

Anyway, you're being all Debbie Downer about this. Can we please get back to talking about the mode before 23 has to step in?

Speaking of which, as mentioned in the other thread, I hope that if you don't have five people on at once, you get CPU-controlled real NBA players as filler.
I thought it was clear. I don't see how he interpreted it as not being calm. That's the awkwardness of text though, tone can be difficult to pick up on.

And how am I being "Debbie Downer"? I'm just discussing the mode :/ also why would a mod need to step in? You're not making sense at this point. Please clarify your comments, elaborate on them so they make sense. What is it about my posts that would force a mod to intervene and what is it about them that you think has a "Debbie Downer" feel to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #66
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I don't like the idea of having the CPU in this mode at all (except when someone lags out). 5v5 all users is a way better experience. I want to be matched up against a user not the CPU. Its more competitive going against a human.
If 5 ppl are required to run a squad game we need up to 15 roster spots. That would make it easier to have 5 guys ready to play. I'm sure that everyone that's into online team play has enough ppl on their friends list to from a decent size squad.

I am not a big fan of 5v5. I get it, but I'm not a big fan. I am cool with being able to start with 3 players and have the others CPU players like 2K10 and 11. I liked that you could have as many players as you wanted to run with. My 3 guys would be at a disadvantage against your 5 players if you chose to run with that many people. Right? Y'all all have human intelligence and can see things the CPU can't. Also the CPU most likely will be on All star difficulty. But I also see your points as well. Don't get me wrong. I definitely get it.

I just don't think it's a better experience imo especially if you have 5 players that are all good. And 5 min quarter games. A lot of people won't be seeing the ball much. Also, I think it gets super cluttered when 10 users just running all around. But maybe that's because of the rec and all these people running around with all types of clothing.

We'll see. I just hope you can start up with a minimum of 3 users. Hopefully, the courts are bigger too if it is 5v5. And I agree. Should be 15 roster spots if it's 5v5 or not though.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am not a big fan of 5v5. I get it, but I'm not a big fan. I am cool with being able to start with 3 players and have the others CPU players like 2K10 and 11. I liked that you could have as many players as you wanted to run with. My 3 guys would be at a disadvantage against your 5 players if you chose to run with that many people. Right? Y'all all have human intelligence and can see things the CPU can't. Also the CPU most likely will be on All star difficulty. But I also see your points as well. Don't get me wrong. I definitely get it.

I just don't think it's a better experience imo especially if you have 5 players that are all good. And 5 min quarter games. A lot of people won't be seeing the ball much. Also, I think it gets super cluttered when 10 users just running all around. But maybe that's because of the rec and all these people running around with all types of clothing.

We'll see. I just hope you can start up with a minimum of 3 users. Hopefully, the courts are bigger too if it is 5v5. And I agree. Should be 15 roster spots if it's 5v5 or not though.

The team with 5 humans really won't have the advantage. The AI has it's advantages, rebounding and defense mostly. The Al has super human reactions.
Bad team would have spacing issues. If your team is organize and know what they're doing that should be a problem. I would compare Pro-Am in the arenas more to Team up than the rec. Players won't be running around with different outfits.
That's the beauty of building a great team. It will be realistic. You need guys that are willing to pass, defend, and rebound. Not everyone is going to score 40.
I played in a couple of 5v5 team up leagues and also played competitive team up on on GB (which were mostly 3v3s or 4v4s). By far the 5v5 leagues were better. Everyone has their preference tho.

Last edited by Scramz718; 08-02-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #68
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
The team with 5 human really won't have the advantage. The AI has it's advantages, rebounding and defense mostly. The Al has super human reactions.
Bad team would have spacing issues. If your team is organize and know what they're doing that should be a problem. I would compare Pro-Am in the arenas more to Team up than the rec. Players won't be running around with different outfits.
That's the beauty of build a great team. It will be realistic. You need guys that are willing to pass, defend, and rebound. Not everyone is going to score 40.
I played in a couple of 5v5 team up leagues and also played competitive team up on on GB (which were mostly 3v3s or 4v4s). By far the 5v5 leagues were better. Everyone has their preference tho.

The CPU has it's advantages and disadvantages. The biggest advantage I would say is defense, but it's not as hard as it used to be to get past CPU defenders like it is now.

All the stuff you're saying, I know about which is why I said I know your point. But like you said everyone has their preference, I prefer to play w/ me and 2 other friends compared to having other users. I'm all about options. Let me play w/ my 3 or more if I like. If you want to play w/ 5, go ahead. If you want to play against players that has a full 5 where it could be 10 users on the court, then back out when you get matched up with a team with 3 or 4 players. But back in 2K10 and 11, most people ran with 2-3 players the most. It's a lot more enjoyable for me. And would be even better since the CPU can actually make shots now.

That's why I am curious how 2K sets it up. Hopefully, you can back out on certain teams. But I hate playing with a full 10 users in a 5 minute quarter setting.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Last edited by Jrocc23; 08-02-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #69
Pro

Man you guys turning this ProAm mode into crew are killing me.

It's not crew man. Let it go. There will not be CPU options.
If you wanna play with 3 go to the park. I get you wanna play in the rec but it's not that hard to find 2 other guys bra.

And you guys are just running with this idea lol.
Like what gave you the indication that they would even let you run with cpu?
Then guy are literally creating scenarios and saying how much vc a star would cost.
Like geez I get you want crew back but it's gone. This isn't crew.

I highly doubt they will allow cpu.

Sidenote: Not everyone has the need to touch the ball/score with 5 humans.
I only care about the win. If I need to score I'll do so but there are other things to do besides shoot and play And1 mixtape with the ball. I can't stand that notion that there won't be enough basketballs to go around with 5 humans. Even if, that shouldn't allow players to use cpu in a mode that's not designed for it.

And if they do allow it just wait and see. All this speculation is hyping yourself up for disappointment. 2K didn't say there will be cpu in the mode so don't get your hopes up just yet.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #70
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct

If you wanna play with 3 go to the park. I get you wanna play in the rec but it's not that hard to find 2 other guys bra.

Then guy are literally creating scenarios and saying how much vc a star would cost.

I only care about the win. If I need to score I'll do so but there are other things to do besides shoot and play And1 mixtape with the ball. I can't stand that notion that there won't be enough basketballs to go around with 5 humans. Even if, that shouldn't allow players to use cpu in a mode that's not designed for it.

And if they do allow it just wait and see. All this speculation is hyping yourself up for disappointment. 2K didn't say there will be cpu in the mode so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Quit crying. Jesus Christ. Call it what you want to call it. 2K changes names of modes all the time. So what? People say My Player Mode still and some call it MyCareer. Association was changed to MyLeague. It's still association to me. Madden say Connected careers, it's still franchise mode to me.

Same as this, it's the same as crew mode, but little things might've been changed which we don't know about, but this is still crew mode for me and a lot of others which is why it won't be asked for most likely anymore.

You're mad because of how I want to play the mode lol. And I never said they wouldn't, I said we still need the details but we are talking about what me and him would prefer. I am not in here saying they won't have it. And if they don't, I won't trip about it and say "this isn't crew", I'm saying what I prefer and what is more fun to me.

Who said it was hard to find another 2 players dude? Like I said before, where did I say we won't be able to play w/ 3 or 4 players lol? You just talking for the sake of talking. You call it proam, Teamup, my friends and me or whatever you wanna call it, it's crew to me because that's what the original mode was and what it's based off of. No matter if it has small changes.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:

"There will not be CPU options"

Oh really? Can you show me where you read this? Since you're stating it as a fact I'm assuming you have so evidence. Surely you wouldn't be dumb enough to state an opinion based on nothing but speculation as fact... would you?

Quote:
it's not that hard to find 2 other guys bra.
I don't know where you were brought up. But in my town guys don't wear bras. So to find two other guys bras would be very difficult. And I don't see how that would help me as the bras don't even have self awareness or opposable thumbs, never mind the intelligence or funding to purchase a ps4 and 2k16 and join my crew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #72
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

There is not enough information released to really feel one way or another is this a hit or miss. The court design is sick. I will say this coming from a person who doesn't play myCareer and didn't play Crew this is very interesting. If they can get this working with minimal lag this could be real nice.

There are too many details not mentioned to know how this mode will operate to go back and forth just yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »