Home

2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ?

This is a discussion on 2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #41
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ?

I wana remind every one what happened before when this was enabled. Players were abusing the jab step under the rim with bigs to get uncontested standing layups. Im ok if you can cross or whatever under the rim. BUT PLEASE DONT ALLOW TRIPPLE TREAT MOVES NEAR THE RESTRICTED ZONE or with in any range standing layups can be triggered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #42
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by setis
Under the rim ISOs, are we serious? Why would Beluba activate this again? Can somebody show me an NBA clip of a player dribbling between the legs or with hesitation moves IN THE PAINT?

I'd be ok with this if the D is extra-effective against players dribbling in the crowded paint..
Yea please don't put this into the game @Beluba.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #43
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Wait a min I thought this a joke. So they are seriously going to let people use dribble moves UNDER the basket??

This is going to DESTROY pro am. I can already see this needing to be patched once people figure out a cheesy dribble move to an unstoppable standing dunk animation combo.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
I wana remind every one what happened before when this was enabled. Players were abusing the jab step under the rim with bigs to get uncontested standing layups. Im ok if you can cross or whatever under the rim. BUT PLEASE DONT ALLOW TRIPPLE TREAT MOVES NEAR THE RESTRICTED ZONE or with in any range standing layups can be triggered.
in real life if i post up on the block and get the ball on the block if i decide to turn and face up the first move i make is a jab step and see if he bites on it or not then i make my move
Old 08-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
Wait a min I thought this a joke. So they are seriously going to let people use dribble moves UNDER the basket??

This is going to DESTROY pro am. I can already see this needing to be patched once people figure out a cheesy dribble move to an unstoppable standing dunk animation combo.
not if they make the person dribbling the ball lose the ball when they clearly run into people, kids these days get their hands held way to much, they just look for a dribble combo and shoot hoping they get a green not even looking to see what kinda defense is being played against them, i'm sick of 2k catering to these non basketball playing *** clowns of the virtual hardwood, they made 2k15 by the far the worst gameplay wise 2k has ever been, and i been a loyal 2k consumer since 9/9/99... if 2k caters to the same cheesers live destroyed their franchise catering too they will lose my 16 years of pumping money into their cash cow which doesn't seem like much but live died too right? and i remember the days when i would tell the live fanboys but 2k is so much better it's sim and not arcade, i can't say 2k is sim anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #46
Rookie

This has me a little concerned. It would be fine if the ball didn't morph through arms and legs, so that the traffic in the paint makes a difference. And if shot blockers actually made an impact in deterrence down there. But I'm not too optimistic that will be the case this year.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea please don't put this into the game @Beluba.
you do realize the paint is longer than 15 feet long right? that's a lot of real estate to disable dribbling

Last edited by SimNation2K; 08-15-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
This has me a little concerned. It would be fine if the ball didn't morph through arms and legs, so that the traffic in the paint makes a difference. And if shot blockers actually made an impact in deterrence down there. But I'm not too optimistic that will be the case this year.
you seem to be worried about the same thing i am, more handholding allowing ******s to dribble through all defenses

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »