Home

2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ?

This is a discussion on 2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2015, 05:16 PM   #57
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2k16 prostick disables dribbling in the paint, just like '15 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball1994
https://youtu.be/Nl3aI37r-3w

I don't watch basketball at all bro, I watched 14 of 'em and got like 3 crossovers in the paint. You can watch the rest of the 100 and tell me how many you find.
I watched the first 15 in that video and none of them were in the lane, much less in the restricted area. I'll take a look at the others when I get a chance though.

There were 3 clips where the crossover was made near the lane, but even in those cases, the player initiated his move outside of the lane ... which can currently be done in 2K. I'll see if I can find any examples of crossovers/spins in the restricted area though.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I watched the first 15 in that video and none of them were in the lane, much less in the restricted area. I'll take a look at the others when I get a chance though.

There were 3 clips where the crossover was made near the lane, but even in those cases, the player initiated his move outside of the lane ... which can currently be done in 2K. I'll see if I can find any examples of crossovers/spins in the restricted area though.
You do realize the Restricted Area is a very small portion of the paint, right? And in the video i remember Kyrie doing a spin baseline in starting from the block ending in the restricted area, stops and standing lays it in. Watch the video and you'll see a lot of ball handling going on in the paint, Which shouldn't be the case in a ankle breaker video right? like 100% of ankle breakers happen at the 3 point line right?

Also why are you guys stuck on this Restricted Area? I only informed the guy that the "Block" is not the Restricted Area or "The Circle" I must be talking to bball gamers not bball players... smh
Old 08-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404

Keep watching after the "Ankle Breaker" some of them will crossover again to get around someone in the paint, It's not an ankle breaker the second cross-over so i can see where your confusion is NBA Gamer, Apparently people who play and know bball seem to agree with me, so there's hope in this community still!

I seen J-Will, Nash, Curry, Francis, Kyrie, all do crossovers in the paint in the video pay attention, and i didn't even get through half the video.

And Kyrie did the Baseline Spin some of you non-basketball watching cats claim doesn't happen in the real NBA LOL

Last edited by bball1994; 08-17-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #60
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3a...ature=youtu.be

I'm gonna list the number of the clip to watch Lazy Gamers not Ballers

99 rubio does cross over to behind the backs in a row and the second one ends up in the paint

88 Curry the Cover boy doing a crossover 10 feet away from the rim in the paint, yeah a game that disables curry sure is "sim"

87 Iggy is close put the ball pounds at the elbow of the paint, then switches hands to dunk

84 Nash does 4 cross-overs 1 or 2 of them end up being done in the paint

79 Xaviers' Second Cross is in the paint

78 Baron Does a Spin move into a floater in the paint

76 Iverson does a step-back cross-over in the paint

75 Paul does a lot of dribbles 2 of em in the paint

73 J-Will does a behind the back in the paint

68 Kyrie doing the Baseline Spin move into a standing lay-up

yeah I think i proved my point, Now kids before you decide to act like you watch basketball or play it in real life... Be sure to watch some tape before you make ridiculous claims that something is or isn't in real basketball/NBA

And for you Mathematicians out there tell me what percent of the top 100 crossovers in the NBA happened in the paint? Because these kids on OS make it seem like it never happens in the NBA LOL!

Should note where is the Zig-Zag Cheese in the NBA? Oh so like in the NBA after they cross up the opponent they attack the basket not run right or left? There's the problem you should attack people of OS

Last edited by bball1994; 08-17-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3a...ature=youtu.be

I'm gonna list the number of the clip to watch Lazy Gamers not Ballers

99 rubio does cross over to behind the backs in a row and the second one ends up in the paint

88 Curry the Cover boy doing a crossover 10 feet away from the rim in the paint, yeah a game that disables curry sure is "sim"

87 Iggy is close put the ball pounds at the elbow of the paint, then switches hands to dunk

84 Nash does 4 cross-overs 1 or 2 of them end up being done in the paint

79 Xaviers' Second Cross is in the paint

78 Baron Does a Spin move into a floater in the paint

76 Iverson does a step-back cross-over in the paint

75 Paul does a lot of dribbles 2 of em in the paint

73 J-Will does a behind the back in the paint

68 Kyrie doing the Baseline Spin move into a standing lay-up

yeah I think i proved my point, Now kids before you decide to act like you watch basketball or play it in real life... Be sure to watch some tape before you make ridiculous claims that something is or isn't in real basketball/NBA

And for you Mathematicians out there tell me what percent of the top 100 crossovers in the NBA happened in the paint? Because these kids on OS make it seem like it never happens in the NBA LOL!

Should note where is the Zig-Zag Cheese in the NBA? Oh so like in the NBA after they cross up the opponent they attack the basket not run right or left? There's the problem you should attack people of OS
I think you are a little confused. Read the OP again. The video you posted is fine and all of that can be done in 2k15. I don't think anybody has a problem with any of the iso moves from the video you posted. So who are you arguing with? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonHeart
yeah thats right bro

not under the basket.

its literally impossible with prostick.

the controls make you pump fake instead of dribble.

you cant iso dribble under the basket bro.

no hesitations, crossovers or nothing.

go try it right now !

it wont work with pro stick on.

this has to be fixed ASAP
Show me a video with a player doing iso dribbles, hesitations, etc. under the basket.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I think you are a little confused. Read the OP again. The video you posted is fine and all of that can be done in 2k15. I don't think anybody has a problem with any of the iso moves from the video you posted. So who are you arguing with? LOL
When people use the word "Paint" i take it as Paint, If you guys have issues with dribbles in the circle/restricted area i have no problem with your beef there... Just be clear what you're trying to say, or at least learn bball lingo so people who do understand it don't get confused
Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #64
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
When people use the word "Paint" i take it as Paint, If you guys have issues with dribbles in the circle/restricted area i have no problem with your beef there... Just be clear what you're trying to say, or at least learn bball lingo so people who do understand it don't get confused
I apologize. I may have been confused about the point of the video you posted. I thought you were showing examples of dribble moves being pulled off in the area under the basket where dribble moves were disabled in 2K15. All of the moves I watched were moves that could be pulled off in game.

If you were simply trying to prove someone wrong who said that no one ever does dribble moves near the paint, then yes, those moves do happen in real life ... but they happen in the game as well. The point of this thread, or at least I thought, was whether it's realistic and balanced (from a gameplay standpoint) to allow dribble stick moves from underneath the basket.

Either way, the devs have already said that they're going to allow it, so it doesn't really matter. I just haven't been able to think of an instance, or seen video, where someone pulled off a crossover underneath the basket in a real game.

Last edited by Pokes404; 08-18-2015 at 10:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »