Home

Best place to Pre-Order NBA2k16 Online

This is a discussion on Best place to Pre-Order NBA2k16 Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Best place to Pre-Order NBA2k16 Online

Since you guys are convincing me to give download a shot...how long on average does it take for a PS4 game like this to download? A couple hours?

I have pretty high speed Comcast internet if that helps. I am sure it is different depending on your internet setup.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #10
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Of course it depends on your internet setup.

I'm on PC but I can give you examples though.
I have a pretty fast connection and it tooke me around 2 1/2 hours to download 2k15 from steam. Friends of mine, who has much slower internet than me had to download for nearly 10 hours or even more. It really depends on your internet connection....Can you tell us how fast it is?
Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It depends on which version you buy. If you want the fancy Jordan version, you won't get the Fathead or the poster, but you'll get everything else as an additional download.

If you just want the plain-jane version, you'll get all of that with a digital download.

I'm actually considering just going for the digital download on my PS4 because I rarely, if ever, sell sports games due to their value plummeting a few months after release.

Also, in regards to Amazon: I've NEVER had them not get me a game on release day if that's what I selected. Some people might have that issue if they pre-order really, really far in advance and Release-Day shipping isn't available yet and they never switch it later down the road. However, I live in a city with about 350k people with an Amazon Fulfillment Center about an hour away, so it may differ for people in smaller areas.
I wasn't gonna get that expensive one anyway lol not worth it to me...but thanks bro; I'm most likely doing the same thing.

I keep the game until the next one comes out and at that point they give you like $5 for the game...yea I'll just keep it at that point lol.

And I've worked at Amazon before actually, and they're very clear to the employees that we have to get everything shipped on time. No ifs ands or buts about it. Anyone I've known who has ordered games off there has gotten them day 1 and some even a day early...even though that's not supposed to happen lol.

Then again I live in Philly so like you said if you live in the middle of nowhere it might not be the best idea..but if they say it's coming on release 99% chance it is.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

I lean toward a physical copy of 2k since they shut down their servers. I'd rather have $5 than a useless game taking up space on my hard drive. That's just me I guess. Also, this years digital download had issues at launch. The xbox one version had issues forever lol. Anyone here had to clear their saved data to get the game to start or nah?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Well final update for me (And not sure on the internet speed exactly to the guy who asked). I called Gamestop today and my local one said they should have it for me in store Friday the 25th that morning at 9 or 10am...whenever they open. I think I am just going to go that path. Thanks for everyone's advice/comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »