Home

NBA 2K's Weekly Twitch Stream Talks Gamescom, NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Mode & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K's Weekly Twitch Stream Talks Gamescom, NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Mode & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #33
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K's Weekly Twitch Stream Talks Gamescom, NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
not the biggest online player, so im not a fan of the idea of cpu teammates being "mediocre"; unless thats based on the quality of players chosen vs players getting watered down.
I don't think this will have an impact on you if you don't play online.

This is necessary online for Crew/PROAM, because you don't want people with 3 humans and 2 AI players to have an advantage over a team with 5 humans.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #34
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K's Weekly Twitch Stream Talks Gamescom, NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
Hmm... Mediocre players. Like, the "John Davis" guys on the legend teams? Or what? Don't be putting Kwame on my team, 2K!

Excited to hear what classic teams will be announced soon.

Hope I can get Shawn Bradley on my team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #35
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
I have a feeling the throwback team will be a reggie miller team since they are taking that info to gamescom and want to make it big
Reggie makes a lot of sense. Maybe Chuck's Suns?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #36
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Quote:
The developers are making sure that the fill-in AI players on 2K Pro-Am mode will be "mediocre," so that lineups with more human players will always have a competitive advantage.
I don't like that word too much, but I understand they should give a full 5-member lineup some kind of advantadge over 3/4-member lineups. I hope it's not too "mediocre" and let that competitive advantage be too high. We don't want to CPU players to be "gods of basketball", but we also don't want to be scrubs that don't even know how to play. A good balance is key, hopefully they will deliver.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Reggie makes a lot of sense. Maybe Chuck's Suns?
Chuck's not going to be in because he hates how the PA treats retired players. The only reason he was in that 1 time was because Jay-Z convinced him to do it.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #38
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
I don't like that word too much, but I understand they should give a full 5-member lineup some kind of advantadge over 3/4-member lineups. I hope it's not too "mediocre" and let that competitive advantage be too high. We don't want to CPU players to be "gods of basketball", but we also don't want to be scrubs that don't even know how to play. A good balance is key, hopefully they will deliver.

I agree. I wish they would have stuck with the NBA player route. I like seeing the lineups teams used. And the 5 users vs 3 already had an advantage. Kind of silly to dumb them down. Seems like your MP definitely won't need to be subbed based on this news though.

I never found the CPU "Gods" or "grabbing every rebound" or etc no matter if it was CPU LeBron or Deandre Jordan. Never been scorched by a CPU player in all the teamups, crew games and etc I've played. Never. The CPU is like on all star difficultly lol. Any good player with most likely a 90+ rated MP was abusing the CPU in any kind of way and most CPU would be passing it anyways because the users would be calling for the ball lol.

Like I've stated before, the only negatives about CPU is they are somewhat psychic on D and can be a pain to get past because they know where you're going for the most part. And most people for those empty slots would have a Jimmy Butler or Deandre Jordan CPU because the defense is all they are really valuable for.

Anxious to see how the CPU players are. Hopefully, "mediocre"'means they can at least guard somewhat and knock down a shot when they are open. Watch and see. Most teams won't be playing w/ 5 players anyways. Just not what people really do. Was very rare even back in 10 and 11. Still rarely even see it in organized teamups. It's just not as fun for everyone mainly because it's most likely 5-6 min quarters.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #39
Rookie

Does anyone know who the CPU will play as in the proam? Will they just be a random made up player or a random NBA player? They did say there will not be any NBA players in the proam, so i dont get it
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 17
NBA 2K's Weekly Twitch Stream Talks Gamescom, NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I agree. I wish they would have stuck with the NBA player route. I like seeing the lineups teams used. And the 5 users vs 3 already had an advantage. Kind of silly to dumb them down. Seems like your MP definitely won't need to be subbed based on this news though.

I never found the CPU "Gods" or "grabbing every rebound" or etc no matter if it was CPU LeBron or Deandre Jordan. Never been scorched by a CPU player in all the teamups, crew games and etc I've played. Never. The CPU is like on all star difficultly lol. Any good player with most likely a 90+ rated MP was abusing the CPU in any kind of way and most CPU would be passing it anyways because the users would be calling for the ball lol.

Like I've stated before, the only negatives about CPU is they are somewhat psychic on D and can be a pain to get past because they know where you're going for the most part. And most people for those empty slots would have a Jimmy Butler or Deandre Jordan CPU because the defense is all they are really valuable for.

Anxious to see how the CPU players are. Hopefully, "mediocre"'means they can at least guard somewhat and knock down a shot when they are open. Watch and see. Most teams won't be playing w/ 5 players anyways. Just not what people really do. Was very rare even back in 10 and 11. Still rarely even see it in organized teamups. It's just not as fun for everyone mainly because it's most likely 5-6 min quarters.

The fact that it was such a rarity shows it really wasn't much of a advantage. This year if the CPU really is "mediocre" you'll see more teams running with 5.

I wish you can earn badges and attributes unlocks playing ProAm. They really need to separate this from MyCareer. I don't care for MyCareer and really shouldn't have to put 20 plus hr into a mode I don't like. That doesn't make any sense to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »