Home

Re-branding in MyLeague and MyGM in 2k16?

This is a discussion on Re-branding in MyLeague and MyGM in 2k16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re-branding in MyLeague and MyGM in 2k16?

We know that we have the ability to relocate a team in 2k16, and I get that any information on this process is not out currently, however I just wanted to ask:

Is anyone on here hoping to be able to "re-brand" a team?

For example, I would like to be able to make the Washington Generals using the Wizards, instead of having to move the Pelicans or whatever other team to Washington to make that team.

Relocation in sports games isn't exactly a new thing, I believe in the madden series, "re-branding" was possible. I believe that you were able to take the Jets and move them to NY even though they were already in NY.

I'd like to take a team and give them new jerseys and a new arena design without having to move them from their market.

Is anyone hoping to be able to rebrand a team in 2k16 or do you just want to relocate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Re-branding in MyLeague and MyGM in 2k16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
We know that we have the ability to relocate a team in 2k16, and I get that any information on this process is not out currently, however I just wanted to ask:

Is anyone on here hoping to be able to "re-brand" a team?

For example, I would like to be able to make the Washington Generals using the Wizards, instead of having to move the Pelicans or whatever other team to Washington to make that team.

Relocation in sports games isn't exactly a new thing, I believe in the madden series, "re-branding" was possible. I believe that you were able to take the Jets and move them to NY even though they were already in NY.

I'd like to take a team and give them new jerseys and a new arena design without having to move them from their market.

Is anyone hoping to be able to rebrand a team in 2k16 or do you just want to relocate?

Yes, it would be very cool to be able to change your team name, colors, logo, etc, and stay in the city. It depends if they give us what the Pro-Am people are getting with the customization levels. The teaser thing said "complete and total customization" in MyLeague. If we don't get the Pro-Am levels of customization clearly that quote is incorrect. We shall see.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

DMTS's Arena

I was thinking about this today... I want to be able to create new jerseys for teams as I go on. Agree with you.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

It would be great. If the high customization showed for ProAm could be used on offline modes like MyGM or MyLeague, possibilities would be endless.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #5
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Yeah, I was hoping for a rebrand as well. When I hit 2020, I wanted to move the Knicks to Brooklyn temporarily, during the renovations to the subway below MSG. I would want to rename them at the time.

And teams are rebranding and retooling so much with their franchise these days that it'd be surprising for that feature not to be there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #6
Rookie

wonderBOi's Arena

OVR: 1

Totally hoping for this one. Also, the ability to just change a team's logo with the same branding is really really neat as we saw teams do it each year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2015, 03:16 AM   #7
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

I would love to be able to do this. Would be able to create a new logo for OKC that doesn't look like it has been designed by a bunch of kids hahaha.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:55 AM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I'll be happy as long as I can get a franchise back in Buffalo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »