Home

I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

This is a discussion on I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #25
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

The ratings really don't matter at all IMO. My guy is an 88 and i pretty much can do anything a 99 can do and my guy is 5'8.

It's hard to *balance* defense, ratings are subjective and we can see everything on the court.

In real life when you're playing you only have a limited cone of vision and your own personal physical attributes and basketball knowledge /awareness to combat the offensive player.

In this game you can see everything and it's a game so things happen way faster. That **** is hard to balance and simulate. You make the game slower and "more realistic" then people online complain it's not fun.

It's still a game and it still has to be fun, but let's face it, people will ALWAYS find a way to cheese and every game will turn into a dunk fest. That's just how people play these games.

You either get with players who want to play realistically and who have similar play styles as you and have fun, or you don't.

And I say this as a primarily defensive player, in real life and in the game.

Thank god for OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #26
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Exploits will be found and they will be used heavily. It's the nature of online randoms. Win at all costs.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

One thing one my guys say all the time while we're on the park/rec is "did you block it?". When you play perfect defense at midrange or the perimeter and the shot still falls and you complain about it the question is simply "did you block it?'. I'm pretty sure we've all either played basketball personally and witnessed this or seen it from college ball or the NBA on tv. Shots do still fall even with great defense that's just basketball but the problem with park/rec is the amount of shots that fall with great defense. I say blame patch 4 or better yet blame the cheating shot meter which i personally can't stand. I've been playing 2k since 99 on Dreamcast and been playing actual ball since the 6th grade (2001) and watching the NBA since forever, so someone explain to me when did we ever get to the point in basketball where we needed a meter to let us know when to release our shot? Just because you do everything right when you shoot doesn't mean it should fall every time, the pefect green release is ridiculously overpowered in 2k15 and needs to be addressed like seriously. Personally I don't play with the meter on whether I'm playing park/rec, exhibition or online head to head that's just how my fam has been since playing 2k so I can't speak for everyone else but I believe shot timing shouldn't decide everything about if your shot will fall or not, it should mostly be based on the defense being played, the rating of that defender, the rating of the shooter and whether it was a good shot selection or not. These aspects IMO should impact shooting by balancing shot timing vs. player rating by measuring it to 100% with a split of 30% to 70% as ratings should always be 1st over shot timing PERIOD. I'm a shooter on 2k and very scoring minded as my myplayer and I've always been able to shoot since the beginning of 2k15 but after that last patch, omg my shot percentage went through the roof to the point where I did't care if the defender was there or not because of the consistency that I was able to shoot so yeah something definitely has to be done about this and I hope Pro-Am and 2k16 in general isn't plagued with the samething not to mention the zig zag cheese, step back cheese, hesitation cheese, and the certain jumpshots are easier to get perfect green release than others cheese.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #28
Pro

It'll be a casual game mode. Expect everyone to shoot like Ray Allen, fadeaway like Michael Jordan, and drive the paint like LeBron.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #29
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

The difficulty should be on Superstar/Sim settings. I can see them putting the JRC on a lower difficulty level because that's strictly casual bball in the park/rec which is not organized.

Pro-Am will be actual organized basketball and therefore it should reflect a more sim feel. I hope 2k realizes this and implements it accordingly.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #30
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
The difficulty should be on Superstar/Sim settings. I can see them putting the JRC on a lower difficulty level because that's strictly casual bball in the park/rec which is not organized.

Pro-Am will be actual organized basketball and therefore it should reflect a more sim feel. I hope 2k realizes this and implements it accordingly.
JRC is dead. All moves are proAM except the park
Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #31
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Who cares? They'll just release a patch that gives everyone greens when they shoot just like this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #32
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Exploits will be found and they will be used heavily. It's the nature of online randoms. Win at all costs.
The problem is 2k hasn't really helped with defense reactions kind of lacking
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »