Home

I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

This is a discussion on I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #33
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: I hope DEFENSE matters in PRO-AM

I'm just saying something will always be there. Some type of move will be extremely tough to stop. Some type of lame defensive tactic will likely be over effective. There's going to be something this year that slips through the cracks and all the online guys who want to exploit it will do at every chance they get.

Nature of the beast

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #34
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'm just saying something will always be there. Some type of move will be extremely tough to stop. Some type of lame defensive tactic will likely be over effective. There's going to be something this year that slips through the cracks and all the online guys who want to exploit it will do at every chance they get.

Nature of the beast
True . But honestly the rec was not this bad before patch 4 made shooting so damn easy . I could actually stand it lol. I liked 2k15 best out of the box.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #35
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

One reason I can't get into 2k online is bc the defense is so slow/laggy. I don't anticipate this being fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #36
Pro

TBH the ball definitely bounces the other way for 99s v 89s.

For example if you're level 20inside scorer you'll definitely make contested layups at a higher rate than a level 19.(I have both)

Same with level 20 defender. You'll have way more fouls called on you & shots made no matter how close and tall you are if you're only level 5. (I have both)

I have a 98 pg & a 95 SF. My pg makes layups my sf misses. And rarely gets called for reaching. Ratings do matter to a certain extent but ifyou can play you can play.

I used to play with RudyGay & my friends would have Melo KD & LeBron & I'd still be on pace with them bucket for bucket. I put up 80 something with Rudy 1 time lol. I just played that way to prove a point but he still missed shots LeBron & KD made v him. Just how the algorithm goes.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #37
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Everyone wants a fair and balanced experience until you talk about nerfing THEIR rating.
You're playing a 5v5 against 5 other players that can shoot like Steph, get to the hoop at will like LeBron, handle like Kyrie, get up and down like John Wall and dunk like Blake, all while having a never ending gas tank...And people wonder why defense is pretty much non existent.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #38
Rookie

chrizz15's Arena

As much as I enjoy playing in the Park, the defense needs to be more rewarding. It's just frustrating at times, obviously there's the zig zag until you just can't keep up with your defense anymore and then the 3 with a ridiculously high %, but what really pisses me of is that even if you manage to keep up somehow and play the best defense you can, the ball still goes in, whether it's a jumpshot or a drive to the hoop with a lot of contact.

I agree that the ratings aren't necessarily the problem, it's just the mode is heavily favoring the offense. Also the badges seem to be a bit overpowered. Combine that with the input lag, and sometimes you can just hope for the best.

It's kind of sad, that there are that many cheesers in MyPark, because the mode itself has a lot of potential and I really enjoy playing team basketball with two of my friends, so I'm really looking forward to ProAm and I hope they gameplay will be less NBA Jam and more actual NBA.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #39
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

The input lag makes online play a killer.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #40
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Since Pro-Am will be a competitive mode, they have to do it right. The settings should be no less than Superstar/Sim.

They have to keep in mind that this mode will soon be filled with 96+ players so they can't code the difficulty like regular NBA modes. Regular NBA modes have about 2 or 3 90+ players max on the court at a time. Pro-Am won't be like that so 2k has to take into account the inflated ratings of our My Players.

Playmaking, perimeter defense, isolation scoring, running plays, rim protection, rebounding, transition offense.....all of these are elements of a complete team that should be represented correctly in this mode.

Hopefully i can lock up like Jimmy Buckets in this video:

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »