Home

NBA 2K16 Screenshot of Dennis Schröder, Cover Athlete in Germany

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Screenshot of Dennis Schröder, Cover Athlete in Germany within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Screenshot of Dennis Schröder, Cover Athlete in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Sigh. The year Curry is primary cover athlete, EVERYONE gets a cover.

I mean cool for Hawks fans and Germans, and it was a savvy marketing move-- but a backup PG gets a cover? Really? Why not Dirk (who didn't even get a cover the year he won it all)? Yeah he's old, but so is Parker... who ALSO got a cover.

I'm waiting for the Jeremy Lin asian edition and a Sim Bhullar cover for India, if only because they may find a food to be a confusing cover athlete.
Technically Curry isn't the cover athlete. He's one of 3 with Harden and Davis. It's not like he's the only one in America either. The different covers for different countries makes sense.

Also, they have an extra page. That's all. Instead of having one cover with three inserts (Davis, Harden, Curry) they have one cover with 4 inserts (three I mentioned plus Schroeder). So if they want curry they just flip it over. Same as America.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Dennis Schröder is the only other German in the NBA besides Dirk right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #35
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Pretty sure he is. They could've did a throwback and used Schrempf, lol.

Schroder was a great choice. Dirk is going to retire soon, and German basketball needs to have a new icon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Yeah they are. Pretty strange actually.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #37
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Quote:
There's Tibor Pleiß, Center of the Utah Jazz next season, too.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Dirk is probably the first person they went to, but if he doesn't want to be on the cover, they can't just force him to be on it.
Bit of a bummer if that's the reason why. Maybe the Shroder edition will have a skateboarding mini-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Technically Curry isn't the cover athlete. He's one of 3 with Harden and Davis. It's not like he's the only one in America either. The different covers for different countries makes sense.
He's sort of the lead cover athlete. His name comes first and the promos tend to use him primarily.

To be honest, I think it's a pretty cool idea. It's just that the exclusivity and distinction of being a cover athlete is a bit diluted this year (with six athletes to date).

So the Gasol Brothers Spanish edition incoming? Marco Bellineli for Italy? Bogut Australian edition? At least that guy is on the championship team. A triple threat Iguodala/Ezeli/Ros Gold Unwude cover for Nigeria.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-07-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Schroder da gawdt
Old 08-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Bit of a bummer if that's the reason why. Maybe the Shroder edition will have a skateboarding mini-game.

He's sort of the lead cover athlete. His name comes first and the promos tend to use him primarily.

To be honest, I think it's a pretty cool idea. It's just that the exclusivity and distinction of being a cover athlete is a bit diluted this year (with six athletes to date).

So the Gasol Brothers Spanish edition incoming? Marco Bellineli for Italy? Bogut Australian edition? At least that guy is on the championship team. A triple threat Iguodala/Ezeli/Ros Gold Unwude cover for Nigeria.
Personally I've always thought they should do it based on awards and have specific pre order bonuses based on the edition you get

So this year for example you would have;

- Rookie of the year cover. Bonuses include 30,000VC, three MyTeam packs, a ROY Wiggins card in MyTeam and some Minnesota gear for your MyPlayer.

- Defensive player of the year cover. Bonuses include 30,000VC, three MyTeam packs, a rookie Kawhi Leonard card for MyTeam, a perimeter lockdown badge for MyTeam and Spurs gear for your MyPlayer.

- MVP cover. Bonuses include 30,000VC, three MyTeam packs, a rookie Stephen Curry card for MyTeam, a limitless range badge for MyTeam and some MVP gear for your MyPlayer.

- The Finals MVP cover. Bonuses include 30,000VC, three MyTeam packs, a golden state warriors MyTeam pack, some Warriors gear for your MyPlayer.

Just because it gives options and multiple choices every year. And you're guaranteed to have at least one new cover athlete every year instead of having the same 2 or 3 guys for years and years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »