Home

NBA 2K16's Key to Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Key to Success within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #49
Rookie

JazzCeltics's Arena

OVR: 0
I really hope NBA2K16 has less cheese than NBA2K15, but I'm going to be happy nonetheless.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:13 PM   #50
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K16's Key to Success

The ability to download community sliders. Penalizing players that exploit ratings. Increase the number of "mistakes" so the game plays more like a real one. Improve class teams. Focus on online play
Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #51
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

NBA 2K, to me, is like Avatar: The Last Airbender.*

It has its ups and downs, yeah, but not once have I ever thought "this thing sucks." At its worst, it's still pretty darn good.

(And if you haven't seen that cartoon by now, get the DVDs. There's a reason it's so highly-regarded. It is THAT good.)

*Movie? What movie? There was no movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7
Presentation Needs To Be Revamped And Servers Up To Par. Can't Wait To See What's In Store For Us 2K Fans
Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #53
Rookie

b1baller's Arena

Gameplay and Eliminating "Cheese"

NBA 2K - NBA Live - Halo - Destiny - Madden - GTA

“I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.”
– Michael Jordan
Old 08-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #54
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
NBA 2K, to me, is like Avatar: The Last Airbender.*

It has its ups and downs, yeah, but not once have I ever thought "this thing sucks." At its worst, it's still pretty darn good.

(And if you haven't seen that cartoon by now, get the DVDs. There's a reason it's so highly-regarded. It is THAT good.)

*Movie? What movie? There was no movie.
Oh man, I thought you were talking about the movie for a second. I was thinking to myself "Worst ... Analogy ... Ever" lol. Yes, the TV show is very well done, and I'm not much of a fan of animated TV/movies.

Well, I think I've officially de-railed this thread enough ... carry on everyone haha.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #55
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
As a guy who likes to play a Moses Malone type in MyCareer:

As long as we don't end up averaging 30 boards a game in that mode again despite putting NOTHING into the Rebounding attributes, I'm good.
You can seriously have your rebounding at 50 for offensive and defensive and average 20 boards or more on 2k15. All you gotta do is box out cause you know the ball goes no more than 2 feet away from the rim off a miss shot. I have said it in other past forums and seen other OS users as well state it, need LONG rebounds, tip outs like noah/chandler for example do. Don't know how this was not noticeable during last years development cycle but it has been a thing 2k has never really got right imo.

Last edited by gremdog8; 08-18-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #56
Rookie

Personally, I don't really care for online modes like MyTeam and such. Occasionally I play some Quick Games online, but that's it. Recap shows are extras for me, gameplay is by far the most important thing.

1. Different passing animations. Some plays include hand-offs, due to the lack of this animation the play's flow stops and kills the flow of the offense. In addition I would love to see a pocket pass in combination with a sliding screener.

2. Spacing. I don't know it is because of the movement of the big men or the actual size of the court, but the help defense of the weak side is so quick. The most efficient way to defend is to put the PoE to "Protect the Paint" and manually closeout the shooters. When the shooter pulls op a three pointer, the defender is 90% of the time in his face. Due to the bumping it isn't possible to attack the closeout and slash for an lay up attempt.

3. Players movement. I want to see an explicit difference between players like Westbrook and e.g. Hibbert, guards should be able to blast past static big men. Hell, even in transition I can't see a clear difference.

These are the three key things for succes to me. There are some little things that need to be tweaked or added:

1. Post Fadeaway, no explanation needed. Every big men that receives the ball (even near the 3-point line) fades and hits the shot. Really, really annoying.
2. Addition of tutorials. I want to be able to improve my post offense, let me train my post moves with e.g. Okafor or dribble moves with Curry.
3. Rebounding, stats are just unimportant. Every big men is able to rebound, somehow stats need to affect their rebounding skills.
4. Hop before shooting. When I choose a floppy play for Thompson or Green, I want them to shoot the ball immediately after they receive the ball without turning the shot in an impossible fader.
5. Blocks. They should occur more often and the shots need to be blocked with force, not the weak touches. Playing with Poke's sliders improves the blocking, but it still needs some tweaking in my opinion.
6. MyGM is way to easy, every young player improves to fast and every old player declines to fast. MyLeague is fine, but it misses a lot of content in comparison with MyGM.

There are probably many other things that needs to be improved that I can't think of right now. For clarification, I loved(!!) the game this year. Played the game throughout a whole year and with the constant patching and custom sliders the game is great. I hope NBA Live gives 2K some competition this year, so they keep improving the game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »