Home

NBA 2K16's Key to Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Key to Success within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #65
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16's Key to Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Looks like it will be a good year. I didn't have time to read all of that yet, but looks neat, especially moving and changing teams (I always did that on Madden). I think I will get a new system and buy NBA 2k16 and Madden. Not sure whether I should get a PS4 or Xone yet.

- Anyone know if Coach Mode is back? I like to play some with other guys to help their stats but let it on coach mode for a while while I do other things.
From the blog

Quote:
SimCast Live, in a nutshell, is the hybrid version of simulating a game and playing it. It’s a coach mode for the armchair quarterback. In a true game cast fashion, you will watch representational ‘chips’ of the players move around the court in real-time. You won’t be controlling player movement, but instead, you’ll be pulling ALL of the strings. You’ll be calling plays on both ends of the court. You’ll be making substitutions as needed. You’ll be making POE and strategy changes as needed. In order to get through games quicker, you will be able to adjust the speed of the simulation on-the-fly from real-time speed all the way to up to 6x the normal speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #66
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
From the blog
That doesn't sound promising for Coach Mode being back. Why do they take out good features that old games have?
I put a game on letting it play some without subbing to pad a players stats and then I play part of it scoring a bunch with that player I want to have better stats. (Say Durant is only averaging 22 points a game in a year of my franchise and I want him closer to 30, so I want to get him 50 in a game. Or the top PG is averaging 8.5 assists, I'd get in and try to get him 20 asts to help that. But I don't want to play for the whole hour of another team's game.)
Old 08-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #67
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16's Key to Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
That doesn't sound promising for Coach Mode being back. Why do they take out good features that old games have?
I put a game on letting it play some without subbing to pad a players stats and then I play part of it scoring a bunch with that player I want to have better stats. (Say Durant is only averaging 22 points a game in a year of my franchise and I want him closer to 30, so I want to get him 50 in a game. Or the top PG is averaging 8.5 assists, I'd get in and try to get him 20 asts to help that. But I don't want to play for the whole hour of another team's game.)
It's basically the old coach mode but you can now speed up parts of the game (or skip quarters/deadballs). If you need another way to pad a guy's stats, a good way to do it is in the coaching settings. You can set (for example) Durant as the first scoring option & he'll take more shots. You can also increase the offensive tempo in the coaching setting to get guys higher APG. If those don't work, then you could even try increasing the shooting tendency or passing ratings for the specific guy(s).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »