Home

NBA 2K16's Key to Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Key to Success within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16's Key to Success

NBA 2K16
will be the third basketball title released by 2K Sports on this generation of consoles. The developers will be looking to improve and stabilize this series, and there is no doubt that the hype for NBA 2K16 is very high. With news continuing to release about new modes, improved gameplay, and enhanced visuals, 2K is continuing to boost the hype as we move towards a late-September release. That being said, let's take a look at what I think are the five keys that will ensure NBA 2K16 is a success this season.

Read More - NBA 2K16's Key to Success
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
presentation need improved more better especially pregame warm-up along star player showing season stats while commentary talking about that player's performance during season and halftime report need improve better too.. My GM should add weekly wrap up show like NFL 2k5
Old 08-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Within gameplay the mention of canned animations would've been nice
Old 08-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

I play mostly MY LEAGUE and MY CAREER.. I wish that Spike Lee is not just marketing stunt and hope he will really do something with MY CAREER story. And, IMO, MY LEAGUE and online ML should be separate modes. Also, considering gameplay, everything can be tuned by sliders except one unbelievably bad thing in 2K15 . foul detection. That thing ruined MY LEAGUE fun. Too many times my player ends pushed in crowd or threw down with judo moves with no faouls at all. But just standing with hands up, not even moving is too often foul for CPU teams. Absolutely most annoying thing in 2K15 I wish they will fix...or make sliders work for this thing...
Old 08-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K16's Key to Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
presentation need improved more better especially pregame warm-up along star player showing season stats while commentary talking about that player's performance during season and halftime report need improve better too.. My GM should add weekly wrap up show like NFL 2k5
Presentation is never going to be where we all want it to be at in a sports' game I'm afraid. People will always compare it to real life, and a game is never going to compete with that in the end. I think 2k b-ball does a pretty fine job with presentation, but as you mentions they can tweak/improve it, as any game can. I would like a weekly wrap up show myself...in MyLeague as well of course. I know The Show has daily wrap up shows, which I find impressive...generic as they may be. I like those options to be in a game if I want them, although I fully admit I rarely listened to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #6
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Presentation is never going to be where we all want it to be at in a sports' game I'm afraid. People will always compare it to real life, and a game is never going to compete with that in the end. I think 2k b-ball does a pretty fine job with presentation, but as you mentions they can tweak/improve it, as any game can. I would like a weekly wrap up show myself...in MyLeague as well of course. I know The Show has daily wrap up shows, which I find impressive...generic as they may be. I like those options to be in a game if I want them, although I fully admit I rarely listened to them.
yeah Visual Concept did it with NFL 2k5 for weekly wrap up show during halftime report and post game and showing playoff picture in weekly wrap up show. i can't believe that they can't do it for NBA 2k
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
It's not that it won't live up to our expectations by comparing it to real life, it's that we've seen it before in previous games made over a decade ago. The fact that we still don't have it back in over 2 console generations is the problem.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's not that it won't live up to our expectations by comparing it to real life, it's that we've seen it before in previous games made over a decade ago. The fact that we still don't have it back in over 2 console generations is the problem.
Other than not having a wrap up show, I'm not sure what that one game everyone did that 2k does not do at present. I mean 2k hoops had some wrap up shows (each week or month?) and the NCAA Tourney selection show...so yeah it is possible. With Ernie and Shaq they have some ground work for this type of thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »