Home

NBA 2K16 Video - Steph Curry with Mouth Guard - "Beyond the Shadows" Video on Monday

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Video - Steph Curry with Mouth Guard - "Beyond the Shadows" Video on Monday within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16 Video - Steph Curry with his Mouth Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The lighting on his mouth guard isn't right. We should see a reflection from the saliva. And I can't quite make out the molecules that form his nose hairs. His face is a little too fat and he has at least 15% more arm pit hair in that clip than he does in real life.

Perhaps if we discuss this for another 40 pages they'll rescan his teeth and nose hair?
They even got the number of hairs on his head wrong. I just counted from a real life screen shot and compared it to the video and it's way off... I'm so not buying this game.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Video - Steph Curry with His Mouth Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I agree with his eyes being off, and that's a big part of his appearance. I know he was scanned, so he probably had his eyes wide open the entire time, but that throws it off to me.

But the clip looks awesome otherwise. The mouth guard is awesome, the ankle brace is great, the detail on the shoe is slick. I get more amped every day for basketball videogame season to be upon us.

Now, show me Wiggins. I can't run an association with Towns and Wiggins unless he's got a better scan.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I never even thought introducing movable mouthguards like that would ever be possible, so that's pretty freaking awesome. And I didn't even notice the quote on the shoe until you guys pointed it out, not to mention the detail on his ankle braces. Small-big details like those are some of my favorite things in the world.

Sidenote, respect to NBA 2K's marketing team so far for not being the obnoxious hype men we'd seen in years past. I'm not sure if this stuff qualifies as "undersell, over-deliver" but I definitely enjoy the idea of marketing folks not trying to pull one over on me, opting instead to primarily just let the game do the talking.
Yeah, I didn't even see the quote on the shoe. The handwritten script is even correct. They probably just scanned a shoe that Curry actually signed. This is amazing. As are the accurately modeled Zamst braces. Maybe a few things need tweaking but every detail you can ask for is there.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the results of the body scan. He seems under muscled and under defined in certain shots, like the polygon mesh or normal map wasn't defined enough -- however proportionally he looks and feels right, and that's going to make a huge difference in actual play. From other angles he looks great, like the lat/armpit area. I'm sure LD2K oversaw this effort.

Speaking of which, yes, the marketing guys are much more subdued this year. It's a welcome change and I welcome them smacking me over the head with unexpected content rather than tweets about tweets about maybe a screenshot. Good job 2K. Not making the game available at Gamescom might also been a good call by Ronny too. Sure, we would have seen more (shaky cam) content by now, but I'd prefer it to be properly showcased.

Sim nation livestream this week, DaCzar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #36
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Damn that might put to rest my "concerns" over graphics. Game looks damn good. There's always going to be things to improve on but I really can't nit pick at this point. One thing 2k seems to improve on is the little things. They might not always have the best looking visuals but they are almost always ahead of the curve with the tiny details (mouth guards, written message on shoes, Lebron biting finger nails, etc.)

The funny thing is I was thinking to myself the other day "when is a basketball game going to add mouth guards". They have become more popular over the recent years, especially with someone like Curry constantly chewing on his.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
Great so lemme guess that the mouth piece addiction pretty much made this THE DEBUT "2K16 gameplay" since he's just walking up to the free throw line himself and no other players are shown
I'm waiting for a GOAT Momentus trailer that consists of nothing but 3 minutes of mouthguard chewing set to Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight".
Old 08-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #38
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice addition would love to have the option to color the mouthguards, but this pretty cool.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #39
Rookie

Is it me or the player animations look alot smoother and fluid this year... Looks amazing. After reading some comments I've come to the realization that; some people will always cry and complain. Great job 2k....now fix MJ please!!!!! Lol
Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #40
Banned

Re: NBA 2K16 Video - Steph Curry with his Mouth Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Or would you rather 10 pages of you crying over people's legitimate complaints/concerns ?

Since obviously you're the guy who determines how many pages each topic should have dedicated to it. Might as well appoint you super moderator
Lol you're a sensitive little soul aren't you? Don't fret little lamb. It'll all be fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »