Home

Will Pro-Am Promote Teamwork?

This is a discussion on Will Pro-Am Promote Teamwork? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Will Pro-Am Promote Teamwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
They are definitely not doing that... It will be "oh you 5 want to play together? do it!".

Uhm, the advantage when playing small against playing big? Smallteams can run more, can space the floor better, while big teams can pound the ball inside and will control the paint. Why need artificial "bonuses" and "advantages" when you have advantages/disadvantages which apply to normal baskteball logic?
The problem right now is that most Centers can shoot very well... Thus they can spread the floor and rebound if needed... Short guys have little to no advantage on 2k15. Hence why a 7'0" PG has no issues with ball handling.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
They are definitely not doing that... It will be "oh you 5 want to play together? do it!".

Uhm, the advantage when playing small against playing big? Smallteams can run more, can space the floor better, while big teams can pound the ball inside and will control the paint. Why need artificial "bonuses" and "advantages" when you have advantages/disadvantages which apply to normal baskteball logic?
The point I was making must have went over your head. If they are going to allow any 5 to play together say 5 PG's or 5 Centers as a team, then they are going to need some type of ratings caps or the mode becomes a bunch of 7'0 PG's with Kyrie handling and Westbrook agility, and Curry shooting with the ability to rebound like Shaq.

I know the advantages of playing small or big but if Pro-Am/MyCareer does not incorporate some real limitations in players based off size, weight, height etc. MyCareer and the Park both will be cheesy. There will people that want to play legit in their crew and a gang of people creating their super fantasy 7'0 PG
Old 08-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #11
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I feel like if you don't pass the ball in 16, you should lose every time. It doesn't matter if you're kobe or durant, everyone has to pass in some situations. Nobody souls be sitting 80% from deep all the time.

That's just absurd.

Oh, and to the guy who said explain lebron.

He's a freak of nature, sure. But that's only because he's so good at so many things. He's not the best in the league at any one thing, he's just really good at everything. Except one weakness, he's not a great shooter.

That's my point, everyone should have an Achilles heal next year.

Sure. You want spend all your start up points on shooting,? You're only going have 60 in everything else, no matter how much money you have.

Then, you should have to play a year or two in career to really get your guy upgraded in a few other areas, maybe a little on defense and passing. So basically you can be kyle korver when he got drafted, but have to play 2 years to get to his ratings that took him a DECADE to get better at.

See what I'm saying?

If i wanna be an all around player, i don't get to be great at anything but that 1 thing first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #12
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im going to start locking these soon because we don't need 30 different pro am threads
Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im going to start locking these soon because we don't need 30 different pro am threads
If you must, then go ahead. I can understand considering I counted about six different threads for Pro-Am not including this one on the first page. I just couldn't figure out which one of those threads to post this in.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
There's a hole in your theory, explain LeBron.
My only mention of Lebron was when I was comparing him to everyone that plays Park, my exact words were that everyone is a Lebron-Curry hybrid.

Lebron excels in almost every area of basketball. He's fully capable of running an offense from the small forward position, he's a monster in transition. He can post of smaller players, and take bigger players off the dribble. He understands how to drive and kick to the open shooter. He knows if he's doubled to give the ball up to the open man. And he's a freak athlete that can dominate with just his physical talents alone. His only weakness as someone else said before is that he's not the best shooter, hence my mention of Curry.

If people excelled at just one or two areas rather than all of them, they would be more inclined to build teams to address everyone's weaknesses, and show off each other's strengths.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Yeah just gonna make a huge pro am thread later on
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »