Home

NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows

Tbh this could have been released months ago why is 2k so slow with news game is lookin good.im really hoping this is old footage I want a new game not an roster update waited for this trailer and its nothing really looks good don't get me wrong just expected more what happened to the developer insights of the old days

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #50
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

LD2K says a gameplay trailer is coming also some exciting news. Not sure when though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (45.7 KB, 231 views)
Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #51
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

One thing that looked pretty good in the clip for sure I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is the shorts. When CP3 jumps on the Steph crossover, his shorts look really good, not the massive air bags that have been complained about previously in the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 1

Okay, breakdown of what little we did get to see.

Curry's shot-- much, much improved over anything we've ever had. After all, it's a mo-cap of Curry. The signature stuff is all there-- except Curry's release seems just a TAD slower than his real life shot. He seems to hold and release slightly on the way DOWN rather than on his way up like in real life-- then again, this could be a case of the player controlling Curry shooting a tad late. Still, Curry should be tuned so that his optimal release point is actually a bit BEFORE the peak to get that quick on-the-way-up 0.4 second signature release.

That bent forward follow through watching the shot drop is very Curry-- it's one of his many signature landings. Only thing that seems a little off is that Curry's such a showman that he would probably be bent much more aggressively if that was actually a big shot. Maybe what's throwing me off is the audio hyping the moment but Curry's animation not actually being all in. But it's not bad. I hope he actually has a full 3-pointer shot package.

Dribble moves didn't look especially improved, but I do know Curry was captured dribbling. Hopefully there's more signature stuff we haven't seen.

I did notice that all of the animations looked a little less spry than the actual Curry. This may be a problem with the game in general, but the few animations shown just didn't quite exhibit Curry's quickness, craftiness or his explosivenses (and he's not even that explosive).

Facial capture looks... okay. The best we've ever had, but in moments I thought I was looking at 2K15 (which wasn't bad, but Curry's likeness wasn't as close to himself as say Durant or Iguodala were).

Spike Lee's narration in the segment is promising. His tone strikes a good balance between drama and authenticity, and I hope that will carry over to the feel and tone of the MyCareer story mode this year. It's good that the mode is being helmed by someone who both gets narrative and gets basketball. I think his involvement will ground that aspect of the game better than any years past (hopefully no shenanigans like Steve Kerr being fired to be replaced by Doc Freaking Rivers your second year if you join the Warriors).

Lastly, like the Curry celebration-- except that they didn't capture one thing that makes it feel fully like him: how WIDE he's able to open his mouth when celebrating. Seriously, it's uncanny how much he's able to distend his jaw when he gets hyped. I swear he's an alien.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-10-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #53
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
They're being extremely stingy with the gameplay this year. Sheesh.. The game comes out next month

Actually compared to last year they're way ahead , we didn't get a trailer till the 25th of August
Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #54
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
love and lebron still unchanged, smh

Lebron has a new cf
Old 08-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #55
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I like the gameplay portion that shows him shooting the 3 pointer and he does the Steph lean forward to see if it went in.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

On a scale of Draymond Green to Avery Johnson how wide would you say Curry can open his mouth Sundown?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »