Home

2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap?

This is a discussion on 2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:35 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Would be unreal. Man...it would be so damn competitive. Fighting for playoff positioning, having 7 game series against each other. In the offseason, People joining up, having to take less money to do so, being traded by teams.l, weighing options to see offers and where other CPU players and user players are ending up and etc. I think some friendships would end with this mode lol. Again, mannnn.
But wouldn't it be so sick tho. The thought of a mode like that got me pumped. Thats 2k17 conversation right there lol. If these new additions to the game add up then that would be imo the only way to smash 2k16.Well that, and an option to continue your mycareer on a yearly basis. I get tired of starting over sometimes.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:27 AM   #50
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I personally think when Mike said something about the game looking better than any before it, he was talking about the body scanning. Which I am now luke warm about (as I feel it may just affect textures, not models.....may be wrong with that though). Be nice to know more about it to be honest.....

But I like the thought of something dramatic happening in terms of gameplay..... sounds interesting. Again, that said, the game plays nicely so it would be a risk on their part......

I just think they are working so hard on the game currently that they're not really concerned about releasing gameplay, trailers, info etc....
Old 08-13-2015, 05:47 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I just think they are working so hard on the game currently that they're not really concerned about releasing gameplay, trailers, info etc....
I have the same feeling! I trust in the devs team since 7 years ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
I don't buy it. I would assume they have a marketing department that handles this portion of the release.

Also they need to be concerned with trailers, gameplay, info, etc because in the end this game is made to make money, and without these things new players will have a tougher time finding interest in it enough to buy it, and it is possibly harder to retain old players that were on the fence and about to hop off. There is a guy out there somewhere that just had a kid, a new job, or all kinds of crazy stuff going down in his life that probably said "Eh I don't have time for that game anymore" but if you rekindle the desire to play with a gameplay video that blows him out of the water, he might be back.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #53
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Perhaps...... maybe they've seen enough pre-order receipts to make them happy.... maybe if they didn't see any pre-order receipts, the videos and info would FLOW faster than we can handle..... maybe we shot ourselves in the foot by posting receipts of pre-orders for re-tweets and favourites......
Old 08-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Perhaps...... maybe they've seen enough pre-order receipts to make them happy.... maybe if they didn't see any pre-order receipts, the videos and info would FLOW faster than we can handle..... maybe we shot ourselves in the foot by posting receipts of pre-orders for re-tweets and favourites......
Lol I don't thjink they rely on us posting the receipts to show their statistics, the system probably ties into everything and 2k more than likely has a weekly meeting (certainly at this point in the timeline) that is out lining where they are at in their goal of sales, and the projection of total sales etc etc.

Yuo could be right though, they might have had a goal of selling X, and they are already at 60% of that based on preorders alone, they also know they annually get 70% of their sales through post release sales, projecting them at 130% of their goal. Thus they backed off..

Then again, 2k being a larger company probably has a project management timeline leading up to everything, this would state that X needs to be finished by this date, and on the 21st of August we will release Trailer #4, on the 1st of september online trailer #2 is released, etc etc... Without project management of that nature games would probably have a difficult time meeting their release goals.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #55
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

Lets hope they deliver and bring some heat.. 🔥🔥🔥

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #56
Banned

I know 1 thing that I can't deal with for another year and that's the computer completely ignoring jumpshot off the dribble. I want to make a thread on this but I don't have the privilege yet.

I swear 2k15 is the 4th straight 2k game that has done this. It really hurts the enjoyment of the game. It needs to be a common thing no matter what the game type or what the difficulty is set on. It's funny cause since the CPU never uses this, it makes them make horrible passes to players in positions that a nba player would never try. Either that, or they just continously run into the defender trying to get past him.

I can't wait til 2k finally gets this right. Can't wait to play against a classic Bulls team where MJ finally utilizes his best strength. Same for Kibe, Melo, Durant, Wade, ect. I can't tolerate My Player because this. I have never played no more than 3-4 games in the mode every year. It's sickening to me, I really want to enjoy this mode but the opposing CPU has to play realistic for me to enjoy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »