Home

With Spike Lee directing, will we finally get decent voice acting in MyCareer?

This is a discussion on With Spike Lee directing, will we finally get decent voice acting in MyCareer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
With Spike Lee directing, will we finally get decent voice acting in MyCareer?

While the voice acting by your character, coach and agent was decent enough (the script and dialogue was horrible but that's another story), I know I'm not the only one who found the voice performances by the NBA players to be hilarious... hilariously bad, that is. Like, "you should be ashamed to ship this product in this state" bad. I'm pretty sure they just made some of these dudes do a single blind take and ran with it, mistakes, messed up lines, and complete incomprehensible speech notwithstanding.

Assuming NBA players return for voice acting, with Spike Lee being an actual movie director, you'd hope he'd be able to get much more out of these players. Obviously they're not hollywood actors but I can't imagine him hearing one of those 2K15 lines Demarcus Cousins recorded for example and not getting him to do a second take. I always thought the cutscenes in MyCareer were a nice touch, but some of the atrocious voice acting would absolutely ruin the immersion factor for me (I literally requested a trade from the Pelicans because of Eric Gordon). So it's not too wishful thinking that old Spike will bring some quality to this aspect of the career and make the mode better than ever, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: With Spike Lee directing, will we finally get decent voice acting in MyCareer?

Lol. DeMarcus Cousins was HORRIBLE.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: With Spike Lee directing, will we finally get decent voice acting in MyCareer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Lol. DeMarcus Cousins was HORRIBLE.
I think I got a scene with him at my apartment where he was literally mute. Like, he did not say a single one of his lines, even though the subtitles we're going. Did he just not feel like coming into the recording studio that day? LOL. Just horrible quality. I hope Spike doesn't stand for this
Old 08-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea i think spike understands and will tell the guys to be as natural as possible just try not to cuss.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Those NBA player lines were horrible man...

It was like 2k had them record the lines in their phone and forward it to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

That's what you get when you have athletes try to act. Now if Spike has real VA's do their voices this year people whill complain because it is unrealistic...albeit well acted.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #7
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know about you, but I thought Channing Frye of the Magic was really, really GOOD.

Seriously, he might have a career in broadcasting once he hangs up the jersey.

But yeah, over 80% of them sucked. Al Jefferson...oh good grief...
Old 08-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I don't know about you, but I thought Channing Frye of the Magic was really, really GOOD.

Seriously, he might have a career in broadcasting once he hangs up the jersey.

But yeah, over 80% of them sucked. Al Jefferson...oh good grief...
Yeah I was about to mention Channing Frye. He's the only one that sounded natural and comfortable acting.....as for everyone else....yikes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »