Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

So we might as well turn off the shot meter then, right? What's truely the point of it with these changes? It'll only cause grief knowing you got a green release and it didn't go in. Anyway, this is pretty sad news for a guy like myself as I'm not as amazing as you guys. I was lucky to get 5 green releases a game.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
If the Cpu is hitting contested bad shots at a high percentage and if you can't reliably hit a wide open green shot with a good shooter this may be a problem. Why not just go with real shooting percentage instead of the user controlled rating system. It would leave less room for error and frustration.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100%

I can't say I don't like it until I see it for myself, but I much rather prefer how it used to be before 2K15, where it was easier to get a green release but you'd just simply miss sometimes. So, I hate that it seems like it's very rare to hit green and you'll still probably miss them. Just seems like It'll be my fault the shot isn't green when I know I am basically hitting the release.

Maybe it's the perfectionist in me, but I liked knowing my release was right, but I would sometimes make or miss those shots. Never thought the shooting needed a change.

Glad to hear Mike acknowledge how bad that patch was and that something like that won't happen again. Wish at least one more patch could've been sent since they all knew how bad it was and how many months we had left with the game.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #36
Rookie

So then why not remove the shot meter completely and just go with real shooting percentages?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #37
Pro

Hopefully this will stop people from taking 30-50 3 pt shots a game.

Now we just gotta wait for info on the post game and defense improvements.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #38
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpured
No somethig like "_% of getting green release" after you shoot it because with the way its setup now, you can't really perfect your shot since you don't know how close or far away you were from getting green release since "slightly late" and "slightly early" has such a large margin.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

That's what I meant essentially with my post.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #39
Rookie

Man, yet another mystery change to the shot system. Personally, I was never a fan of the color coordinated shot meter system. On 2K15 I'd find myself making a good amount of shots even in the yellow. So regardless of this 2K16 perfect shot rarity or not. I'm not expecting it to be that much of a drastic turnaround or trump.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Thats what the shot meter is for. That works for the most part except when the you release the ball RIGHT on the line and it's still slightly late/early. I get what you're sayimg tho.
For me, the problem with the shot meter is that it takes your eyes away from the game and forces you to focus on the meter filling up, so I always disable it. Yeah, I can look at the meter only after I made the shot, but the shot meter if so more effective in creating your shot I will always look back to it instinctively. The shot meter should only show up after the shot because it's kind of cheap to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »