Home

LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES

This is a discussion on LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES

Can we please get increased shuffle speed with less sliding past or bumping off the ball handler? I feel like I'm penalized for playing good defense at times because when I get too close to the ballhandler I simply bounce off his forcefield leaving him open. The offenseive player should be the one losing control on contact, not the defender.

I feel like connection is a HUGE factor in all this as well. Either improve your servers so we can actually control our players or speed the defense up to compensate. If my connection is good I have no trouble guarding a player who simply holds turbo and moves left to right. However, online 98% of the time my connection has me over running my man consitently due to input delay. I'd rather not play another year where I have no answer for the very simplest form of cheese. I'm 1000000000000 times better on defense at 4am online than I am at 4pm.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Nerfed LOL thats the only thing stopping ppl from scoring 100 points a game right now bruh r u mad. jostling is not the same dude plus bumping is a part of the game ITS A CONTACT SPORT! I put two examples of what I was saying on video. Of course it has to be done right and control has to be responsive but there HAS TO BE DEFENSE. I dont know if you are one of those guys who just turbo turbo around the court all game but, if you havent noticed ppl are having a field day with these cheese tactics and there is no counter for it. I just want a game that replicates real life basketball better, you might not but where is the so called sim community out here.
you didnt put two examples on video because two out of three of those vids are mine. I recorded them to show perfect examples of 2k's TERRIBLE defense.

Those are blocking fouls, matter of fact i would estimate about 70% of the defensive animations in 2k15 are fouls; and we should be going away from that kind of band-aid, game-y solution and implementing proper footwork or a reasonable facsimile.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNation2K
first video shows clearly a blocking foul not being called, are you being serious you want more blocking foul animations that don't get called in this game?
You totally miss my point man. Its clearly a blocking foul but it was a perfect example of a jostling animation. We see this this to much in the nba. THIS was just a blocking foul, I didnt have time to find a better example, cmon man LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
you didnt put two examples on video because two out of three of those vids are mine. I recorded them to show perfect examples of 2k's TERRIBLE defense.

Those are blocking fouls, matter of fact i would estimate about 70% of the defensive animations in 2k15 are fouls; and we should be going away from that kind of band-aid, game-y solution and implementing proper footwork or a reasonable facsimile.
Exactly thank you for correcting me bc I wasnt paying attention to how I was responding. Everybody this is 2_headedmonsters videos (2 of them), I think the air bump is from somebody else, let me make that clear. Give credit where credit is due ppl, when I said I put two videos up I meant put up as in posted up ON THIS PARTICULAR FORUMN.

My intention was not to try and take credit for MAKING the videos, proof of this is bc your video title was ANNOYING bump animation and I was making the point that it could be a good animation to use and keep and you didnt really like it assuming from the title. My mistake brotha.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Exactly thank you for correcting me bc I wasnt paying attention to how I was responding. Everybody this is 2_headedmonsters videos (2 of them), I think the air bump is from somebody else, let me make that clear. Give credit where credit is due ppl, when I said I put two videos up I meant put up as in posted up ON THIS PARTICULAR FORUMN.

My intention was not to try and take credit for MAKING the videos, proof of this is bc your video title was ANNOYING bump animation and I was making the point that it could be a good animation to use and keep and you didnt really like it assuming from the title. My mistake brotha.
Respect.....
Old 08-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster

Now to your second point, I dont agree 70% of the defensive animations are all fouls, bc their is bumping and CONTACT in basketball on drives in particular ALL THE TIME. EVERYBODY thinks that they are being fouled when they get D especially if they cannot do what they want. Superstars argue that all the time.

However I do agree that their are blatant fouls that are not called but those are more around the paint IMO.

In your videos they were being bodied up on the fastbreak which I have a problem with bc on a FASTBREAK players dont get bumped like that, they might get touched but hardly if ever bumped.

Example:

However the second one with Chris Paul I think is healthy 2_ bc its in the halfcourt, key word HALFCOURT example: 3:08

We all know that sometimes ball handlers get picked up full court in halfcourt sets so thats when there will be some bumping and riding sometimes fullcourt mostly at halfcourt so the Chris paul one was straight to me. This video is just some ammo maybe for 2k........? SIGNATURE DEFENSIVE STANCE

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-15-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #15
MVP

Riding I'm all for as long as it's fully interruptible. And the bumping in the vid with Bev is minimal, and even that will often get whistled a foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 03:13 AM   #16
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Rather have them fix the d so you can slide side to side faster and not have offensive dribble moves that thrust you past defenders.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »