Home

LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES

This is a discussion on LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES

(Forgot about the all caps title)Here are some examples of what I think could improve defense and make the bruiser badge coupled with the lockdown defender badge more effective.

Here are some jostle animations that I think should be initiated more in the half court when you have an elite defender like a patrick beverly.

Keep in mind players like Kyrie Irving look for this type of contact so they can use the defenders momentum against them to pull of those crossovers. It should be a battle to get to the rim on the better defenders to where you have to think about whether you want to use their momentum to step back and shoot or WHATEVER you think can give you an advantage. This will also be effective in steering a defender into a pick. Either way we should be able to get on a players hip. Not saying I dont see jostling but it should be utilized a whole lot more bc its a very important part of the contact in the nba and for that matter football, soccer, and hockey which is why they see fit to implement it.

Now here is an example of how you would expect a sub par defender to defend in certain situations(LESS CONSISTENCY ON DEFENSE)(James Harden LOL)

Each on of these examples can make the game more stategic and give the defender some sort of strategy to defending which can help balance the overpowered offense.

As a gamer who likes to play defense their are not enough options in the defensive arsenal as their are in the offense. Jostling defense can help alot and make the game realistic. You will be able to steer a player to a certain hand or into help defense which would make it more of a chess match between the defender and the ball handler where as the ball handler can counter to the way he THINKS he is being defended.

Also Please 2k PLEASE get rid of this air bump animation that keeps the defense from recovering and forces the defender OUT OF POSITION and sometimes keeps a defender from contesting. This is only one little example some bumps are even more exaggerated to the point where you lose control for a sec thats very costly.

Also PLEASE make contesting more accurate so we dont end up contesting IN THE WRONG DIRECTION towards NOTHING but air 2k.

Offensive players wont like this idea just like defenders get aggravated when great offensive players score on them with crazy shots. Please just balance the game 2k.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-15-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LESS BUMPING MORE JOSTLING AND DEFENSIVE RIDES

Sorry but the bump animations need to be nerfed. The game doesn't allow me to spin out of it or go behind the back until about 5 seconds after I'm bumped. You can't just go and bump into an offensive player when he is sprinting with the ball. It's a blocking foul 9 times out of 10. In real life I've seen it used on LeBron and Westbrook to intentionally get a foul called so they don't get an easy fastbreak dunk.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Sorry but the bump animations need to be nerfed. The game doesn't allow me to spin out of it or go behind the back until about 5 seconds after I'm bumped. You can't just go and bump into an offensive player when he is sprinting with the ball. It's a blocking foul 9 times out of 10. In real life I've seen it used on LeBron and Westbrook to intentionally get a foul called so they don't get an easy fastbreak dunk.
Nerfed LOL thats the only thing stopping ppl from scoring 100 points a game right now bruh r u mad. jostling is not the same dude plus bumping is a part of the game ITS A CONTACT SPORT! I put two examples of what I was saying on video. Of course it has to be done right and control has to be responsive but there HAS TO BE DEFENSE. I dont know if you are one of those guys who just turbo turbo around the court all game but, if you havent noticed ppl are having a field day with these cheese tactics and there is no counter for it. I just want a game that replicates real life basketball better, you might not but where is the so called sim community out here.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-15-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #4
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

I like this...that what's holding back 2k, (Defending)
That's all, proper animations. and I would add a (wide spread) defense animations..make it harder are slower for the ballhander to get around (Zig zag cheese)

Nice post bruh!!
Old 08-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
(Forgot about the all caps title)Here are some examples of what I think could improve defense and make the bruiser badge coupled with the lockdown defender badge more effective.

Here are some jostle animations that I think should be initiated more in the half court when you have an elite defender like a patrick beverly.

Keep in mind players like Kyrie Irving look for this type of contact so they can use the defenders momentum against them to pull of those crossovers. It should be a battle to get to the rim on the better defenders to where you have to think about whether you want to use their momentum to step back and shoot or WHATEVER you think can give you an advantage. This will also be effective in steering a defender into a pick. Either way we should be able to get on a players hip. Not saying I dont see jostling but it should be utilized a whole lot more bc its a very important part of the contact in the nba and for that matter football, soccer, and hockey which is why they see fit to implement it.

Now here is an example of how you would expect a sub par defender to defend in certain situations(LESS CONSISTENCY ON DEFENSE)(James Harden LOL)

Each on of these examples can make the game more stategic and give the defender some sort of strategy to defending which can help balance the overpowered offense.

As a gamer who likes to play defense their are not enough options in the defensive arsenal as their are in the offense. Jostling defense can help alot and make the game realistic. You will be able to steer a player to a certain hand or into help defense which would make it more of a chess match between the defender and the ball handler where as the ball handler can counter to the way he THINKS he is being defended.

Also Please 2k PLEASE get rid of this air bump animation that keeps the defense from recovering and forces the defender OUT OF POSITION and sometimes keeps a defender from contesting. This is only one little example some bumps are even more exaggerated to the point where you lose control for a sec thats very costly.

Also PLEASE make contesting more accurate so we dont end up contesting IN THE WRONG DIRECTION towards NOTHING but air 2k.

Offensive players wont like this idea just like defenders get aggravated when great offensive players score on them with crazy shots. Please just balance the game 2k.
first video shows clearly a blocking foul not being called, are you being serious you want more blocking foul animations that don't get called in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Nerfed LOL thats the only thing stopping ppl from scoring 100 points a game right now bruh r u mad. jostling is not the same dude plus bumping is a part of the game ITS A CONTACT SPORT! I put two examples of what I was saying on video. Of course it has to be done right and control has to be responsive but there HAS TO BE DEFENSE. I dont know if you are one of those guys who just turbo turbo around the court all game but, if you havent noticed ppl are having a field day with these cheese tactics and there is no counter for it. I just want a game that replicates real life basketball better, you might not but where is the so called sim community out here.
IRL more defensive fouls would be called for blocking fouls. I admit its bad in 2k15 and i notified the devs of this months ago with a reply that its changing for 2k16

When peoples main objective on a fast break is to run into you causing a bump animation instead of protecting the rim, changes need to be made so BBALL 101 is more successful aka protect the rim /challenge that shot
Old 08-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with this post. There needs to be an animation that allows the defender to ride on the hip of the offensive player. Take this video for example....look at the 2:05 mark and notice how Klay defends the drive to the rim by RIDING his opponent.

He rides his opponent with left hand near the guy's hip and his right hand extended in the air preparing to contest the shot. This is defense and it needs to be in 2K16

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 08-15-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I agree with this post. There needs to be an animation that allows the defender to ride on the hip of the offensive player. Take this video for example....look at the 2:05 mark and notice how Klay defends the drive to the rim by RIDING his opponent.

He rides his opponent with left hand near the guy's hip and his right hand extended in the air preparing to contest the shot. This is defense and it needs to be in 2K16

this isn't a bad idea at least it's not a blocking foul, more like a hand check but you're right the nba does allow it to happen, now to implement into a game it should rely on defensive awareness, on ball d, strength, and footwork

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »