Home

2K needs to work on the mechanics of big men.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to work on the mechanics of big men. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 01:36 AM   #33
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2K needs to work on the mechanics of big men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf Centrol
I just want more Shaqish two hand dunks. I didn't like my big guy with all these flashy dunks. I had to stick to the basic 2 hands and 2 hand cockbacks
Even Shaq can't do Shaq dunks in the game right now, watching the video that Scramz posted was painful. It was exactly what I was talking about, big, dominant centers going for soft layup after soft layup.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea I guess I suck then bro, you got it. I'm not gonna brag on a site to make myself feel better either.

I played just as much as you and same rank and I never saw a big man dominate in the park doing post moves. So either you're one in a million or exaggerating you choose.
Guess you do.

Again, anybody whining about big man play being lackluster must suck. Or you can just come get some on PC and get owned and you'll see a big dominate you.

Last edited by Dominant Big; 08-18-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #35
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Big
Guess you do.

Again, anybody whining about big man play being lackluster must suck. Or you can just come get some on PC and get owned and you'll see a big dominate you.
Pause.

You're right tho, not even gonna argue bro. I suck, everyone else in the thread sucks, but you? No, you don't suck.

Do us a favor and start up a Youtube channel to tell us how not to suck. Show us your paychecks where they pay a pro gamer like you to be really good at 2K, too.

Let it be known that this is the last bait Ima take from you, nothing you say has any credibility on these forums. You just join and start insulting everyone lol, peace.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 06:07 PM   #36
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

The post game could be way better if Guys like Dwight and DeAndre could have a real advantage over smaller players.

Part of it is the way your always put into some stupid animation even when your the stronger player. Some moves aren't very effective no matter how or when you use them.

It's easy to use guys like Z-Bo or Marc Gasol but not power guys like Dwight.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
The post is in good shape right now, but one thing I think needs improvement is how easy it is to strip the person who has the ball in the post. Like someone else mentioned a guard can just come up and smack it out or the person being backed down can poke it right out a large percentage of the time.

Perhaps two ball handing ratings can be made, post handles and regular handles, that way bigs can hold on to the ball in the post but will be unable to dribble it up the court unless they can do the same in real life.
I always assumed that's what "Post Control" is: basically Ball Handling within the post-up context.

I don't have the same experience, in terms of having the ball stolen frequently while posting up, or easily stealing the ball from an opponent in the post, but I'm primarily playing vs. CPU. And unless the game is on an easy difficulty level, I tend to get more fouls than steals.

I agree that the lack of power dunks and crippling of standing layups is annoying, as is the corresponding need to use "finesse" post moves.

But try to consider how difficult it would be to balance the game if it were easy to force a power dunk while posting up. It's already too easy to get the ball into a post player and easy to back the defender down. If one were able to use someone like Shaq to consistently back down a defender and power dunk off a drop-step, it would be akin to being able to automatically generate 2 points at will.

Not that there isn't a way to balance well. But I think 2K decided to basically take this element out because they haven't figured out a way to incorporate it without making it near automatic.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #38
Rookie

The hook shot is a must fix. That shot should be going down at a higher % than post up fade aways.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #39
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I always assumed that's what "Post Control" is: basically Ball Handling within the post-up context.

I don't have the same experience, in terms of having the ball stolen frequently while posting up, or easily stealing the ball from an opponent in the post, but I'm primarily playing vs. CPU. And unless the game is on an easy difficulty level, I tend to get more fouls than steals.

I agree that the lack of power dunks and crippling of standing layups is annoying, as is the corresponding need to use "finesse" post moves.

But try to consider how difficult it would be to balance the game if it were easy to force a power dunk while posting up. It's already too easy to get the ball into a post player and easy to back the defender down. If one were able to use someone like Shaq to consistently back down a defender and power dunk off a drop-step, it would be akin to being able to automatically generate 2 points at will.

Not that there isn't a way to balance well. But I think 2K decided to basically take this element out because they haven't figured out a way to incorporate it without making it near automatic.
I always assumed Post Control was how well you could back someone down and keep position in the post.

Guys like Shaq and Wilt should be able to dominate, they invented Hack-A-Shaq because it was better to hope he misses a free throw rather than come down and destroy your center.

However, like you said, there needs to be a balance. Only truly elite guys like that, guys with generational talent, should be able to dominate and generate points at will. It would be a huge problem if tons of centers could do that.

2K would need to allow the A.I. to adapt, if someone keeps doing the same move over and over hopefully the A.I. would catch on and be able to stop it.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

They need to bring back the post move practice mode....there are a lot of moves you can pull off in the post....it's just a matter of learning them and learning the cadence to pull them off....it's nowhere near broken

I think the lack of "Shaqlike" moves are due to the fact that there aren't any Shaqs in the league....or anyone even close. I can't think of the last time someone power dribbled from the post and dunked over someone....maybe 09 Dwight?

If they added it, who would get the ability besides classic centers at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »