Home

Passing is AWFUL in 2k at the moment!

This is a discussion on Passing is AWFUL in 2k at the moment! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Passing is AWFUL in 2k at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Try it yourself with Spread Rip 4 Punch. You can't pass to the top of the key without icon passing if you don't want to hit your target on the block.

I will actually....

again, didn't want to come off as doubting you....

I just made personal vow that this year most of my points/complaints will be made through footage, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #50
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Thanks for your explanation LDC

Anyway you can post an example of your issues in the second half of your post next time it happens?

Not that I'm doubting you (or anyone else), just want to see an example of exactly what you mean...

EDIT: or anyone else who wants to....I'll post some of my issues/ non issues too.

Venting.......

When I do passes are playing...let me feel like I'm doing it. no automatic animations that I didn't ask for. stop with the delay plays to give chances for the defense to recover. It's no secret that the game is not based on players skills and knowledge...instead they implied cheat tactics.

I said this month's ago..games are giving and taken away not from your game style, but from animations.

High hopes for 2k16.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #51
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I will actually....

again, didn't want to come off as doubting you....

I just made personal vow that this year most of my points/complaints will be made through footage, lol

Cool, no worries, I understood.

I edited my comment while you were responding, added a couple more plays. Check them out too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #52
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Venting.......

When I do passes are playing...let me feel like I'm doing it. no automatic animations that I didn't ask for. stop with the delay plays to give chances for the defense to recover. It's no secret that the game is not based on players skills and knowledge...instead they implied cheat tactics.

I said this month's ago..games are giving and taken away not from your game style, but from animations.

High hopes for 2k16.

See this would've been a complaint for me in NBA 2K14. If a guy was riding you, you wouldn't be able to pass out of it until that sequence was over....a literal 1-2 seconds later....I just don't see much of this anymore..

Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #53
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
See this would've been a complaint for me in NBA 2K14. If a guy was riding you, you wouldn't be able to pass out of it until that sequence was over....a literal 1-2 seconds later....I just don't see much of this anymore..

It's reduced and a lot better now, it's true. You still get stuck a bit when your dribbler loses the handle a bit though. That's still a long animation prison. There's also cases where defender closeout to your open shooter catching the pass is way OP, but then again, that may be created in part by my slider set. After patch 4, I jacked up defense and contested shots so much to get better shooting percentages, so I probably see closeout cheese more than maybe others do now.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #54
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
It's reduced and a lot better now, it's true. You still get stuck a bit when your dribbler loses the handle a bit though. That's still a long animation prison.

So what should happen if you hit "pass" while your player doesn't have a clean grasp of the ball or is stumbling? If you think people cry rivers now when passes go sailing OOB, imagine the wailing if fumbling was introduced in those situations...
Old 08-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #55
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
So what should happen if you hit "pass" while your player doesn't have a clean grasp of the ball or is stumbling? If you think people cry rivers now when passes go sailing OOB, imagine the wailing if fumbling was introduced in those situations...
No, I don't think a player should be able to pass without a handle. So to me it's a bit off topic because I don't see it as a passing issue with that animation.

I was just commenting on the general experience of losing extended control over your player in an animation. If I were to address that lost handle animation, I would either make it shorter or give the user a way to use dribbling controls to try to recover faster. Then once recovered, a pass would be possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #56
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

24..I've played 2k14 and understand what you're saying, but c'mon don't you think some of those passes are rigged. sorry I don't have no vid proof but it sure looks like a setup up to me.

I'll lay off the topic now thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »