Home

Can We Please Get Serious About The Abysmal Mid Range Game By The CPU

This is a discussion on Can We Please Get Serious About The Abysmal Mid Range Game By The CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Can We Please Get Serious About The Abysmal Mid Range Game By The CPU

I'LL STAT THIS OFF BY SAYING THAT THIS SHOULD BE DONE NO MATTER WHAT THE GAME SETTING OR DIFFICULTY. FOR YEARS IT HAS BEEN DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THIS RIGHT EVEN WITH COUNTLESS SLIDER CHANGES. THE PLAYER TENDANCIES SHOULS CONTROL THIS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Now, I don't think I can tolerate another year where not even the stars that shoot from there a lot never correctly uses it. It completely kills the fun of matching up against MJ or Melo or Kobe, ect. I will list the problems and solutions.

Problems

The CPU barely if ever takes one off the dribble

The triple threat is barely utilized, and when it is, it's not used correctly. I hate to see Melo get the ball at the elbow, jab step, then pass the ball to somebody right next to him. It sucks and is unrealistic.

Even though it's considered a low percentage shot, great players take them all the time and even scrubs will pull up rather than forcing a dumb pass (unless a player is cutting, the cpu should never pass the ball from the mid range to somebody who is in no position to score. If forced to pass, it should only go back to the perimeter or to a cutter. NEVER to a pg who is right next to the player with the ball)

Irl, jumpers off the dribble are always taken with defenders in the face of the shooter. For some reason, 2k has been programed to avoid contested jumpers at all times. This is not realistic basketball.

The CPU should do a much better job at creating space for mid range jumpers and 3's off the dribble also. Insted, for years, the ball handler just forces itself to the basket. This is not realistic basketball.

Greats, mid tier players, nor scrubs ever pull up after using a pick. This is not realistic basketball.

When the paint is clogged, and whoever the ball handler is gets a step on his defender, they ALWAYS run right into a clogged paint. Why not make more perimeter players stop and pop. This happens more in real life than a guard attempting to score in a clogged paint.

I guess I don't actually have solutions, but I'm sick and tired of this getting ignored. There is too many moves and tendencies for this to not be implemented correctly EVER. It's the sole reason why I can never tolerate My Player. When I'm forced to guard Melo, I want Melo to do Melo like things. Nit just him, but any perimeter player. This can fix a lot of issues with CPU stats and the joy of playing against the CPU

I HATE TO SAY IT, AND I DON'T SUPPORT THE OTHER TITLE, BUT I PLAYER THE DEMO FROM LAST YEARS AND OFF RIP PERIMETER PLAYER WOULD UTILIZE PULL UPS. I KNOW THIS IS POSSIBLE. 2K MUST REMOVE WHAT EVER IS HARD CODED THAT MAKES PLAYERS FORCE ******* PASSES AND SHOTS IN THE NAME OF TAKING THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE SHOT POSSIBLE. A CONTESTED SHOT AT THE BASKET IS NOT A HIGHER PERCENTAGE SHOT THAN A PULL UP BY A SCRUB OR GREAT PLAYER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Can We Please Get Serious About The Abysmal Mid Range Game By The CPU

I am guessing you are using 2k's Rosters?

All of the issues you have brought up can be fixed by a Combo of Player Tendencies, Playbooks and Sliders.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 08-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I am guessing you are using 2k's Rosters?

All of the issues you have brought up can be fixed by a Combo of Player Tendencies, Playbooks and Sliders.
That's the problem. All of yall on here just dismisses this as if it's OK cause sliders and rosters cam "help" it.

There is no set of slideas and rosters that fixes this without taking away from something else.

This should be common STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. 2K has NEVER got this right. As much as I love the game, I can't tolerate playing against a computer that completely ignores a common part of any level of basketball.

Why do you think people have to try to fix this with sliders ever year. It's because yall have been so dismissive about it. It's something simple that probably would take 1 day to fix. Why just accept the problem when devs would probably change it if we brought attention to it.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I remember your thread about this last year.

Vtcb is correct in that the tendencies etc. work really well...

I even see a fair share with the default rosters, not sure how you aren't seeing any...they even did it a bit too much pre patch 3
Old 08-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Home Bruh
That's the problem. All of yall on here just dismisses this as if it's OK cause sliders and rosters cam "help" it.

There is no set of slideas and rosters that fixes this without taking away from something else.

This should be common STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. 2K has NEVER got this right. As much as I love the game, I can't tolerate playing against a computer that completely ignores a common part of any level of basketball.

Why do you think people have to try to fix this with sliders ever year. It's because yall have been so dismissive about it. It's something simple that probably would take 1 day to fix. Why just accept the problem when devs would probably change it if we brought attention to it.
The problem is that NO One wants the Same thing out of a Basketball game. Today's focus group that they cater too, could care less about the Mid Range Game. So YES I am very happy to have Sliders and Editing to make things as I want them to play.

It is NOT a 1 day fix, it takes going thru EACH Team and Player and making Edits to Everything, Tendencies, POE, Playbooks, etc.

Not sure what Rosters you have played but i get a Ton of Mid Range, 3pt and Post Points in my Roster without taking away from anything. It took time to get things tweaked but it works for me.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im actually tired of you guys posting threads for every single issue you have when its not thread worthy
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »