Home

Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read

This is a discussion on Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #25
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
The same can be said about Online. 2K's online has ALWAYS been broken. I just chalk it up to they can't do better. I don't even waste my breathe complaining because I know ONLINE will ALWAYS be broke. Now, that isn't men excusing them but it is true. Online is always broke.
Lol that's exactly what you're doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #26
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I see a lot of people complaining about what 2K should and shouldn't be working on and giving to us at this point. It is somewhat disrespectful and maybe we should stop and think before we complain about a certain feature NOT being in the game.
Disrespectful passing up ideas? Everyone wants "their" mode improved. Can't fault guys for that - maybe you meant something else as being "disrespectful"?

Quote:
Have you ever stopped and thought to yourself, "Maybe it is something prohibiting them from allowing these features to be in the game" instead of your, "Ahhhh they don't care" approach?
They don't seem to care when it comes to modes like Online Association. Yes, they've added a ton of stuff to it but ultimately left it unplayable with no real offseason. It seemed like they cared to cater to the casual gamer who is only gonna play one season with some friends and didn't care enough for that hardcore gamer who wants to play 6 seasons with friends. The "they don't care" sounds pretty harsh but when you have people begging on forums/social media for this mode to be done right and it has no long term value again, frustrations have traction, at least with me. They frequent these forums for ideas - really feels like 90% of whats added comes from here - but they don't throw us online association guys a bone? Then they let us know they care even more by only inviting youtubers who play MyTeam and open packs to their studios to play the game AND send them the game early. I think a simple blurb of why no offseason as input this year would've helped.

Quote:
Considering this is only year THREE of them being on a new system. You always throw out the first game on a new system because it is generally never better than the last game of OLD gen (2K14) since it is usually just a port over. So essentially 2K16 is the SECOND NEW NBA2K game on Next Gen.
NBA 2K14 was NOT a port over - it was a completely new game. Year 3 and we still don't have a playable online franchise and unstable servers (jury is still out but history says...). They've created a very indepth MyCareer mode with tattoos, the latest dances, press conferences, crooked agents, shoe deals, etc but yet we can't get the basic foundation of a long term playable online association.

Quote:
They need time to figure the new system out man, that isn't something that happens overnight.

We tend to get tunnel vision as consumers. We only look at, "Well why can't they do this and that." Guess what, maybe they can't.
But they figured out how to create an entire story mode but not a simple playable online association.

Quote:
The same can be said about Online. 2K's online has ALWAYS been broken. I just chalk it up to they can't do better. I don't even waste my breathe complaining because I know ONLINE will ALWAYS be broke. Now, that isn't men excusing them but it is true. Online is always broke.

So I am simply saying, before you make statements about the work ethic of those dudes that put in MANY hours FOR US to have a great basketball simulation, stop and think about the system limitations and/or discoveries that haven't been exposed to/figured out by the devs.
I don't know the point you're attempting to make but it just seems wrong. Its always broke so just don't say anything?

In conclusion, I know a lot of you dudes love 2K and feel its necessary to attempt to make excuses and defend them at every turn but c'mon. If this was the NFL game or the other NBA game, it would've been covered in gasoline and thrown into a bonfire. I intentionally made my responses about online franchise because honestly, we have the right to voice our displeasure or complain about the implementation. Those guys put in a lot of work and their work is appreciated but they swung for the fences instead of just trying to make contact. At the end of the day, I'm not even too mad. If the other game has what I want I'll go spend my money there. Still gonna chop it up with the 2K community and pass up wishlists but I won't just don a cape for them and attempt to save them. Thats not in my DNA.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 08-24-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #27
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Disrespectful passing up ideas? Everyone wants "their" mode improved. Can't fault guys for that - maybe you meant something else as being "disrespectful"?

They don't seem to care when it comes to modes like Online Association. Yes, they've added a ton of stuff to it but ultimately left it unplayable with no real offseason. It seemed like they cared to cater to the casual gamer who is only gonna play one season with some friends and didn't care enough for that hardcore gamer who wants to play 6 seasons with friends. The "they don't care" sounds pretty harsh but when you have people begging on forums/social media for this mode to be done right and it has no long term value again, frustrations have traction, at least with me. They frequent these forums for ideas - really feels like 90% of whats added comes from here - but they don't throw us online association guys a bone? Then they let us know they care even more by only inviting youtubers who play MyTeam and open packs to their studios to play the game AND send them the game early. I think a simple blurb of why no offseason as input this year would've helped.

NBA 2K14 was NOT a port over - it was a completely new game. Year 3 and we still don't have a playable online franchise and unstable servers (jury is still out but history says...). They've created a very indepth MyCareer mode with tattoos, the latest dances, press conferences, crooked agents, shoe deals, etc but yet we can't get the basic foundation of a long term playable online association.

But they figured out how to create an entire story mode but not a simple playable online association.

I don't know the point you're attempting to make but it just seems wrong. Its always broke so just don't say anything?

In conclusion, I know a lot of you dudes love 2K and feel its necessary to attempt to make excuses and defend them at every turn but c'mon. If this was the NFL game or the other NBA game, it would've been covered in gasoline and thrown into a bonfire. I intentionally made my responses about online franchise because honestly, we have the right to voice our displeasure or complain about the implementation. Those guys put in a lot of work and their work is appreciated but they swung for the fences instead of just trying to make contact. At the end of the day, I'm not even too mad. If the other game has what I want I'll go spend my money there. Still gonna chop it up with the 2K community and pass up wishlists but I won't just don a cape for them and attempt to save them. Thats not in my DNA.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

The 2K community is hilarious and a complete joke. Apparently we have to accept the servers will be broken every year. God forbid if we complain.

NBA2K15 has to be considered a step back for the franchise. We can start with the gameplay being worse than 2K14 (past gen version) but all that is irrelevant when the one feature I and many other gamer's care about is broken. ONLINE. 2K lies to my face every year, telling me the issues are my own and everything is A+++ quality in their studio. But I know they're lying. 2K15 has minimum 1 second button delay every game (was even worse pre-patch). This is unacceptable, unplayable and disgraceful.

But let's not complain about that... if we had these issues in the FIFA community everyone would lose their sh1t. It is inexplicable to me that no one really cares here. Everyone here cares about offline, shoes and tattoos. It is like I am time traveling back to the year 2004 when online play didn't exist.

I'm done ranting here. Nothing will ever change except me not wasting $60 on a broken product.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #29
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

While your overall point of "It isn't as simple as, "They clearly don't care."" is on point, the rest of your post is a little off.

There is nothing wrong with giving constructive criticism or ideas about what could be added in the future. Nothing should be off the table at this point in video game history. In fact, a lot of what's new in 2k16 is from the fan base giving ideas on what could be added. However, you are correct that there is a right and wrong way to give criticism. Just saying "2k is lazy because _____ isn't right/in the game" is the wrong way of doing it. The devs over at 2k aren't lazy, they're just limited by time and resources. Nonetheless, I continually see people saying that because something is slightly off or wasn't added in that year.

It'd be like you making some amazing presentation at work/school that took you all week to finish before deadline, then your co-workers saying immediately after it was over, "Why wasn't this included? Guess you were just lazy with this presentation. I mean you had a whole week to finish it."
Old 08-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #30
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It'd be like you making some amazing presentation at work/school that took you all week to finish before deadline, then your co-workers saying immediately after it was over, "Why wasn't this included? Guess you were just lazy with this presentation. I mean you had a whole week to finish it."
That could all be avoided if you showed a few of your co workers your work up until that point and asked for feedback, right? :-)
Old 08-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #31
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Great post Jerz. We could use your input and constructive criticism in the myleague online thread. Drop some knowledge over there when you get chance about ways to improve the mode.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #32
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
That could all be avoided if you showed a few of your co workers your work up until that point and asked for feedback, right? :-)
Yea you could do that. But it'd be impossible to make every single change asked for/recommended if you showed it to them late in the week after you put together most of the project. Then that one coworker who made a suggestion that didn't make it in could still think its ok to call you lazy.

Oh what a time to be alive.

It's ok to give feedback as to what needs to be included, but far too many people question work ethic and get offended if their personal recommendation goes unheeded. Time goes by fast, there isn't always enough time to include everything.

Last edited by BA2929; 08-26-2015 at 02:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »