Home

Insult to Injury

This is a discussion on Insult to Injury within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Insult to Injury

It would make the game a lot more realistic, fun, and more challenging. Imagine if your player got a torn ACL, sat out a year, came back to win MVP, and/or the NBA championship, you'd feel a lot more accomplished rather than playing/simming every game and winning MVP/NBA title
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #10
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You're absolutely right, but they can just sim you through the injury. I don't see why you can't do it. But that's just me.
They tie the online with the offline. Correct me if I am wrong but if your MyPlayer is injured could he play online? If it works like rosters do, then injured MyPlayers would need to be baned from online play. That would tick a lot of people off.

Once they separate the two, it would be easier to implement.

Last edited by Taer; 08-24-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You're absolutely right, but they can just sim you through the injury. I don't see why you can't do it. But that's just me.
Then why have the injury if it doesn't have any effect on your player other than missed games?

If they do add injuries into MyCareer they'd better make it 100% optional with no lasting negative effects. Because there will be a TON (like 95% of MyCareer and Online) of people completely furious that they lost any amount of games on their MyCareer player they spent valuable VC on if their stats get messed with.

2k has tied their MyCareer with VC and that makes it nearly impossible to add in significant injuries to the mode.

However, if they bring back another MyCareer mode that doesn't have a story, isn't tied to online, and is basically exactly like last gen then I could see injuries making their way back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #12
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Insult to Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
They tie the online with the offline. Correct me if I am wrong but if your MyPlayer is injured could he play online? If it works like rosters do, then injured MyPlayers would need to be baned from online play. That would tick a lot of people off.

Once they separate the two, it would be easier to implement.

They had injuries before. I don't think it was ever any super serious injuries. But when it happened, you'll play Crew games injured lol. Your guy would actually be limping or holding his arm or etc.

I don't think it would be that serious though. Say I rupture my achilles and I am out for the season, most likely the game will sim that entire season until my player is back healthy. So, it won't be like if I wanted to play online, I wouldn't be able to play online anymore or would have to wait a long time till my guy recovers.

I also believe if they wanted to, they could just leave the duration and affect of an injury to just offline. And when you choose to play crew or park, you'll just be healthy.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #13
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

It would be awesome to tear my ACL, and be on the come up to be 100% again.
New York Knicks
Old 08-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #14
Pro

I'd like them as well up to a point, season ending at worst. No to:

- injuries with lasting consequences like a badly fractured elbow that stops you from being a good shooter or a serious knee/ankle/foot injury that limits your athleticism. If it's temporary, fine. But not for the rest of your career.

- career ending injuries, obviously.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #15
Pro

This is actually my theory of how continuation between 2k16 and 17 could work... 17 begins as you load your player in... showing a cutscene of a devastating knee injury, then the story of "The Comeback" happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

They had injuries in previous version and it wasn't a problem, the user was given the choice of whether to play through the injury and possibly making it worse or sitting out till fully healed.

I want injuries but not everyone likes realism and challenges, a simple off/on option pleases everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »