Home

What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

This is a discussion on What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #65
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

I'm an offline MyLeague guy, always have been always will be!,I'm hopefull for a real immersive association with all the new additions!, I'm hopefull with all the new artistic additions as far as court creation and jersey creation that CAP got some upgrades aswell, especially in the tattoo and hairstyles department!. I'm concerned that the rookies will still require alot of time too edit to create a more realistic draft class!.

For the on-court stuff, passing which has ben discussed to death on these forums i'm very hopeful there are better passing animations and faster passing in general, I'm really hopefull Rebounding will be more balanced this year, i feel the last few years users have had to really tinker with sliders to get a more accurate offensive rebounding statistic.

I'm hopeful this is the year it all comes together!

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 08-26-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:15 AM   #66
Rookie

Souf Centrol's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your top 10 hopes and concerns for NBA 2k16? For #Simnation Hangout

1. Defense - Like everybody else said. It just feels like you're in quick sand when trying to defend someone. There is no way someone dribbling should me faster than a person without the ball. If they get beat then fine but it shouldn't be this difficult to stay in front of someone

2. Blocking - I hate when I time a block perfectly but the game wants whatever animation to play out and my player either jumps late or jumps in a slightly different angle than I'm aiming at.

I would like to be able to pin layups against the back board or even stuff a dunk at the rim

3. Stealing - Sometimes when they stand their and dribble, you can't swipe the ball away. Even when your hands seems to be touching the ball

4. Low Post - I need more Shaq-ish dunks. Big men should dominate down low

5. Animations - Being sucked into a get dunked on animation sucks. Especially when you timed it right. If I'm going to get sucked into an animation, at least give me a chance to block the dunk or lay up

6. Setting a screen - If you try to set a screen, your player will 80% of the time turn the opposite way of the ball handler. You have to hold your balls and walk a little to set a proper screen

7. 7 foot all around player - I made a pg(6'4 195) and a Center(6'11 250?). I don't see why a 7'2 185 sf can out rebound me cuz he's taller, out dribble me cuz he's quick like a point guard etc. I think height and weight should dictate the kind of player is made. If you want a tall pg, sg or sf. He should lack other things. There should be a downside to being that tall. A 6 foot pg should rip a 7'2 sf almost every time.

I understand the Lebron James and Kevin Durant argument but that is not a normal thing. I think these are the only 6'9 guys in the league that can dribble well. They also get ate up on the boards tho.....but not in 2k. You can be 7 foot with great dribbling, shooting, rebounding, shot blocking. That's why the park is full of 7 foot players. My 6'11 Center(who has max rebounding, max defense, and max low post) looks small on the court and doesn't dominate in my max attribute categories
Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #67
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Passing - many areas need to be improved as the community has discussed, from ball speed to situational awareness/animations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
1. Passing. The passes are simply too slow and players have poor situational awareness. I've seen times where my player will throw a bounce pass when a chest pass would be way more appropriate. Also quicker animations that get the ball out and catch and set quicker.
Was playing last night and recorded a quick clip of the stuff that drives me crazy...

Calderon is dribbling with his left, his momentum is going left, the passing lane is to his left and Afflalo is sealing his man in preparation to receive an entry pass from Calderon's left - yet Calderon tries an awkward right-handed bounce pass right into Westbrook's hip that would have been stolen by Waiters if it managed to get past/through Westbrook.

Not only is it out of whack from a physics perspective but from a basketball perspective it's a major violation of fundamentals.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #68
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Was playing last night and recorded a quick clip of the stuff that drives me crazy...

Calderon is dribbling with his left, his momentum is going left, the passing lane is to his left and Afflalo is sealing his man in preparation to receive an entry pass from Calderon's left - yet Calderon tries an awkward right-handed bounce pass right into Westbrook's hip that would have been stolen by Waiters if it managed to get past/through Westbrook.

Not only is it out of whack from a physics perspective but from a basketball perspective it's a major violation of fundamentals.

I don't have the clip, but I was playing some time ago. Pushing the ball up the middle on the break as I had numbers. I had my SG on the left wing with miles of space but the pass animation took so long to initiate that the pg trailing me caught up and my pg threw it right into the defenders body. He could have went over his head, wrapped it around. My pg looked like a 7 year old with that play. Ugh.

I had another one where cpu team's Tyson Chandler got a rebound directly under the rim, and chest passes it right into my centers hands 6 inches directly in front of him 😂😂😂.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #69
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Excellent post. Will definitely bring this up.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #70
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Here are mine:

1.) That players don't come to complete stops or slow down on fast breaks to catch the lead or outlet pass.

2.) That the A.I. teammates learn how to box out and play defense in MyCareer!

3.) That the CPU doesn't steal 90% of passes in the paint. Interior passes are a staple in the NBA but you can't do this because the defender, even though well out of position always tips the pass for a steal.

4.) That the sliders actually work this year.

5.) That players actually play like their ratings, and not everyone plays like Kobe, or every PG dribbles like Kyrie, or every bigman plays like Olajuwon.

6.) That online play gets balanced properly. You could take a bench player last year and put up 40 with him online. Players need to fatigue, get cold, and basically play to their ratings once again.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #71
Rookie

Jv160's Arena

My number one concern is that My Players attributes won't be balanced or that you would have to upgrade your attributes by category like 2k15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #72
Rookie

TheBarcaBoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman_OS
I'm an offline MyLeague guy, always have been always will be!,I'm hopefull for a real immersive association with all the new additions!, I'm hopefull with all the new artistic additions as far as court creation and jersey creation that CAP got some upgrades aswell, especially in the tattoo and hairstyles department!. I'm concerned that the rookies will still require alot of time too edit to create a more realistic draft class!.

For the on-court stuff, passing which has ben discussed to death on these forums i'm very hopeful there are better passing animations and faster passing in general, I'm really hopefull Rebounding will be more balanced this year, i feel the last few years users have had to really tinker with sliders to get a more accurate offensive rebounding statistic.

I'm hopeful this is the year it all comes together!
I hope so, I'm really pulling for NBA 2K to add a Headband/Goggles feature for CAP's in NBA 2K16!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »