Home

What Position/Role will you play for ProAM?

This is a discussion on What Position/Role will you play for ProAM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #17
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Position/Role will you play for ProAM?

6'11 Tim Duncan play type, 3 point marksman excellent BBall iq.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:02 AM   #18
Rookie

chrizz15's Arena

It will probably be the same as every year. I plan to do something totally different, just to create another pass first, defensive minded PG, who controls the game and is not afraid to score, someone like CP3.

Other than Kobe, Chris Paul probably was my favorite player until he moved to the Clippers. Still love wathcing him play, because there aren't too many players that are able to control the pace of a game the way he does.

Last edited by chrizz15; 08-26-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:30 AM   #19
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Everyone's gonna be an all around player with shooting maxed, don't lie.

The fact that you can still buy vc is gonna guarantee 99s on day one. Everyone needs to quit kidding themselves.

However, if stat caps are adjusted then I'll be a athletic pg with defense. Idc about my shot if i can get my teammates open.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:35 AM   #20
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
Hopefully 2k caps the rating for each position for certain attributes. I am expecting them to allow a player to have one weakness while being great at some and above average at others. They kind of got it right in 2k15, but since jumpshooting was clearly OP, and a necessity for play style, users often created their players by with no emphasis on inside scoring.

Hopefully 2k doesn't bunch ratings such Block/Steal or upgrading all shooting with one upgrade. Instead allows users to create their players to their own liking. By capping certain attributes, I think it will balance the game and force users to really think what type of player they will be and how they co coexist with teammates

Im sure many of us will be running with the same squads from last year, I know I am.

This year Im playing a defensive point forward (SF). Mainly focusing on distributing the ball, controlling the pace, grabbing defensive boards and deciding whether or not to push or slow down the game. Chose to play SF because I am usually the best on ball defender on my team and I know most good users and "cheesers" play the SF position, so most the responsibilty of guarding the best player will be me. Also will be a tall enough to play a stretch 4 when both my big men arent on. With these ideas in mind, it looks like Ill be committing to Old Town for the parks boosts.

So realistically if 2k does what I expect they do with the ratings cap or the inability to make "an all around 99" player. My ratings will look like this

Ratings will be:
Defense, Playmaking as main priority
Rebounding, Mid-Range, Finishing will be average
Athleticism, 3pt shooting, low post a little below average

Again I won't know if 2k implements a rating system like this but if it were to be so this is what I would do. Hopefully we find information on the player creation specs this week.
I was reading the NBA 2k16 achievements list and one of those on the list was:

As Good As It Gets
Completely upgrade an Attribute Discipline in MyCAREER.

This means that attribute packages are back, hopefully they made it in to more categories. It's kind of silly if you want to make a traditional big and upgrade good shot close only, you can't without his mid-range and 3-pt rating going up. It doesn't allow for unique skillsets at that point. Hopefully there will be proper stat caps.

I think to fix that you have to pick a playstyle before you upgrade your player that way caps can be initiated off of that, instead of your playstyle changing based off your attributes.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #21
Rookie

Epyc's Arena

Last year I tried to create a defensive minded PF/SF. I think I'll stick to that and add the offensive skill set of Lamarcus Aldridge!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #22
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

Power Forward, just like Anthony Davis baby.
New York Knicks
Old 08-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #23
Rookie

I will go as a 5'10 Defensive Minded PG. I won't be as skilled in offence but I will be able to distribute the ball and hit the midrange at a average rate. Rebounding on offence will better than my skill at rebounding on defence as not be a player who scores a lot, I look for any opportunity I can get to make sure I contribute on offence.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickstapeforever914
I will run a 6'10 Dominant low post scorer like I have for the past couple years if anyone is recruiting on ps4 add me stackinbredx23 looking for a nice legit squad to run with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ookig for some bigs for my squad. Im a atheltic PG who distrubutes. we also have a 6'5 SG, a 6'6 SG, a 6'10 SF/PF but no true big.....PSN name Cleve7nj
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »