Home

#2KCommunityChoice: Pick someone to play 2k16 and report back

This is a discussion on #2KCommunityChoice: Pick someone to play 2k16 and report back within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM   #57
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: #2KCommunityChoice: Pick someone to play 2k16 and report back

Agreed. But those dudes are EASY to spot and I'm sure get tuned out.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #58
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Agreed. But those dudes are EASY to spot and I'm sure get tuned out.
That would be my hope as well.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #59
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

No specific person in mind, but for the lucky chosen individual or individuals, please do a closer examination of ball awareness and the post game, especially during a rebound sequence.

Ball awareness.

Whether it's been improved in NBA2k15, I'm unsure because I've only been playing NBA2k14. Will big man actually out rebound point guards, etc. Will players have awareness to actually extend their arms with purpose towards the ball as oppose to simply extending their arms upwards for the sake of extending their arms?

Secondly, will players actually motion towards loose ball if they're within 3-5 feet of the ball as oppose to simply standing there admiring the ball.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...angout-12.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=91

EDIT: PAGE NOT FOUND in any of the above links:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Better ball awareness which affects multiple aspect of the game.

1. Rebounding awareness ...
(A) Seeing sequences where a short point guard is able to out rebound the CPU big man seems wrong. True it can certainly happen in real life. So let me further explain. No, the point guard was not boxing out. Both man were down in the paint, standing in a vertical upright position but the point guard anticipated as he should and jumped first. However, the big man waited, and waited, and waited before proceeding to jump despite having clear view that the ball had already been shot and is bouncing off the rim.
(B) Secondly, often times the big man, or anyone for that matter would keep his hands open (as if he was going to basket catch the ball) near his waist/chest/torso region waiting to get the rebound as oppose to extending his arms upwards, and jumping to get the rebound.
(C) Thirdly, players need to be more aware of where they're jumping. Sometimes, I would see players simply jump up, hands extending not towards the ball. Players and their arms/hands need to be aware of where the ball is during the rebound game. Just looking at Live15 gameplay on youtube and even my Live15 demo, I notice that the rebounding game looks to be better implemented. Players would jumps towards the ball. Hands and arms moving towards the ball with purpose.

2. Loose ball awareness ... If a shot bounces near a player (3-4-5 feet), I expect him to at least motion towards the loose ball as oppose to simply standing in admiration of the ball.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-01-2015 at 06:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »